YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Pages: 1 2 
Topic Tools

Search Engines (Read 4,263 times)
 Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:34am
There are no actions to perform.  

Elfen 

None
Re: Search Engines
Why cant I edit my post to add more stuff? Anyways...

Bill Myers, your site has been long enough and survived all those years to give it a high ranking. That is the only reason why you are there, when following the rules of site visits giving you some rank - 15 years of occasional daily hits will give you millions of hits to rank on.

IP Logged  
 Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:43am

Bill Myers 
God Member
Beta Testers
Los Angeles

YaBB 2.4
Your point is well taken. Then again, our site was number one in Yahoo, and then in Google when it went online when we first started.

Of course, there weren't that many sites on the Internet in those days.  Roll Eyes

As for you not being able to edit any of your posts to add more stuff, I'm with you on that one (up to a point you can). In our forum we allow people to edit or delete the posts they make for as long as they're online. However, here in this forum I think that is only allowed for up to two days.

Hence, my signature.  Wink

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one! ...
WWW BillHMyers  
IP Logged  
 Reply #17 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:56am

Bill Myers 
God Member
Beta Testers
Los Angeles

YaBB 2.4
On the topic of how sites like Google can make so much money from the ads they have online, it's a very simple equation.

The more traffic/visitors a site has, the more valuable it is to advertisers. There's really not much else to it.

Edited:
Spelling error corrected.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2012 at 4:12am by Bill Myers »  
Morning, noon, or night, have a great one! ...
WWW BillHMyers  
IP Logged  
Pages: 1 2 
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.