Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Locked Topic Can We 'mod' the member groups ? (Read 2,259 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Can We 'mod' the member groups ?
Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 4:27am
There are no actions to perform.
L_ith wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 10:15pm:
the only person who has helped me is James and i thank him for that at least hes on the right lines and is willing to help others.
amazes me how your even G Mod with your attitude, your meant to help people who don't know...

First James and Carsten are helping you because they can ... Though this Forum and the Support staff support YaBB "as written".
  The Support Staff is not required to help or provide "hacks" to the software nor provide support for MODded Forums.  This is and has been the policy of the Community Forum for years.
   For MODs and/or Hacks, visit www.BoardMOD.org and/or http://www.carsten-dalgaard.dk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 11:14pm
Thank's for that, haven't tested yet, because the group will also have its OWN blue stars not green for moderators

i just add that code and its done?

Cheers man.

IP Logged

Carsten
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 10:52pm
L_ith wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 10:15pm:
@ Carsten

No No Carsten,

I, mean, a WHOLE new group added but with moderator powers and i want that in blue, you know the main groups? the ones you cant edit, i would like an option to add a 4th one so i can have my admins in red mods in green global mods in orange and a WHOLE new group which shows there name in blue on users online and in threads as they post. is that clear? or?

Yep cristal clear - did you test the code I posted? Or are you actually just looking for a battle on words? What you ask for is exactly what the code does. When you add a new group and give a member of that group moderator status s/he will turn up in the color of that group in posts and online members instead of the moderator-color.
If you want the member to keep the title and stars of the new group too then add this code instead of the code in my previous post:
Code
Select All
		if (exists $NoPost{$tempgroupcheck} && $tempgroupcheck ne "") { ($title, $stars, $starpic, $color, undef) = split(/\|/, $NoPost{$tempgroupcheck}, 5); } 

This will be my very last post on this forum - attitudes like the one you show makes me really sad:
http://www.carsten-dalgaard.dk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314467252

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 10:15pm
@ Carsten

No No Carsten,

I, mean, a WHOLE new group added but with moderator powers and i want that in blue, you know the main groups? the ones you cant edit, i would like an option to add a 4th one so i can have my admins in red mods in green global mods in orange and a WHOLE new group which shows there name in blue on users online and in threads as they post. is that clear? or?

@ John

Excuse me? bad mouting? not at all, i love YaBB and been using it since 1.4, who are you to say that i dont like it?  and no 'john' not bad mouthing anything... yes i know what you mean i did say its behind etc but that hardley says im bad mouthing it...  Roll Eyes  the only person who has helped me is James and i thank him for that at least hes on the right lines and is willing to help others.

amazes me how your even G Mod with your attitude, your meant to help people who don't know...

@ James

Any idea's ?

Thank's

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 7:29pm
L_ith wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:34pm:
just come here looking for help on YaBB software that is all, if you cant help john then why post?

and the same with you .. if your dissapointed in Yabb and have to keep bad mouthing it, "behind" the times" and such crap ... why are you still using it and complaining !
  This was double post ... and I have deleted your bumping posts more than once ..
Simply Stop it .. all of it ...

IP Logged

Carsten
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:46pm
If I understand you right you simply want members group-color to overwrite the moderator-color in boards where they are moderators - right?

Not a lot of work. In 'Load.pl' sub routine 'LoadMiniUser' find:
Code
Select All
		($title, $stars, $starpic, $color, $noshow, $viewperms, $topicperms, $replyperms, $pollperms, $attachperms) = split(/\|/, $Group{'Moderator'}); 

and add after:
Code
Select All
		if (exists $NoPost{$tempgroupcheck} && $tempgroupcheck ne "") { (undef, undef, undef, $color, undef) = split(/\|/, $NoPost{$tempgroupcheck}, 5); } 

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:48pm by »  

IP Logged

L_ith

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:34pm
@ John

Double post? well not really thats in a different section, and thats that.

so i thought if i post in the 'programming section' it can shed some light on this, because im looking for ways to edit the Perl in order to make this work that previous thread was pointless and it never gave me a real answer.

and to be honest i'm not very keen on your attitude man... no need for the

'IF' or 'NO' come on now...

just come here looking for help on YaBB software that is all, if you cant help john then why post?

@ James

Yea sort of, but i want them to be there own group man show up in blue in threads and while on users online i cant find a way around it.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 3:21pm
@ L_ith

Why the double post ?? http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1308246868/0#0

You should be aware we don't allow this and we do NOT allow Bumping a Post.

Membergroups color is used "IF" a Membergroup is NOT a Board Moderator.
Green is assigned to Board Moderators as coded ! and as explained to you before.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2011 at 3:24pm by »  

IP Logged

James Bone
Support Team

Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 8:02am
I assume they are showing Green when you make them moderator of a particular board or ...?

&&Do you need some YaBB friendly webhosting? Contact me by clicking here and i will hook you up!
IP Logged

L_ith

Can We 'mod' the member groups ?
Aug 26th, 2011 at 2:05am
Hi there, just would like to know a few things.

right well !

on my forum it has

Administrator RED
Global Moderator ORANGE
Moderator GREEN
VIP  BLUE

Now when i set VIP'S they show up on the forum (via users online or in there profile) in blue which is right of course... but when they post they are green and are moderator ranks?

now i know there is no way around this so i ask can we edit some perl code to make this work? i know its possible but is it a lot of work? i thought YaBB 2.4 even 2.5 have this feature i was shocked that it doesn't !!!

am i making my self clear? or...?? lol thank's Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top