Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Change path of forum (Read 2,168 times)
Elfen

Re: Change path of forum
Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:41am
Post Tools
sachin wrote on Sep 8th, 2011 at 12:44pm:
I just install my YaBB forum on my root file instead of sub root. So now while i am going for adsence its giving me problem. So is it possible to move my forum to other path i mean like:
indiancarz.com/forum instead of indiancarz.com? Please YaBB help me for this.... This is really Needy... Plz.....

If you mean, having your site to its either http://www.yoursite.com/ or http://www.yoursite/YaBB.pl, its not possible.

It is possible but that means messing around with your webserver settings in its config or preferences files, and that can screw up your webserver royally.

Only CPanel based websites has this option directly.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Post Tools
Using an FTP program wold be the easiest .. download the forum and all subs and then upload to a new directory named Forum.  Edit Paths.pl

IP Logged

sachin
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 4:41am
Post Tools
Thanks for this. But can you please provide me the Steps how this possible or hoe i can do this? Please...........

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 3:11pm
Post Tools
As long as Perl is enabled in any directory, you can install the cgi-bin/yabb2 folder in any.  As you did in the root folder, you can simply move (and correct Path Settings) or reinstall to root/Forum

IP Logged

sachin
YaBB Newcomer

Change path of forum
Sep 8th, 2011 at 12:44pm
Post Tools
Hello YaBB,

I just install my YaBB forum on my root file instead of sub root. So now while i am going for adsence its giving me problem. So is it possible to move my forum to other path i mean like:
indiancarz.com/forum instead of indiancarz.com? Please YaBB help me for this.... This is really Needy... Plz.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top