Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic 10 Years of YaBB (Read 3,312 times)
Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Re: 10 Years of YaBB
Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 6:08pm
Post Tools
It's great to hear testimonials that so many of you have been able to continue using YaBB for so long.

IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Post Tools
I'm only five months away from 10 years, myself ... come April I will have reached that lofty goal on my first forum ... sure beats Bravenet forum, which is what I had been using prior to that.

IP Logged

SimpleSimon
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 11:08am
Post Tools
I have being using YaBB for 6 years now and its been great. So thanks from me also.
Smiley

IP Logged

The Boy

Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 9:13pm
Post Tools
I only just managed 5yrs of YaBB before we had to migrate elsewhere  Cry

Still, it was a 'fun' 5yrs, with plenty of ups and downs, but the YaBB software was always reliable. So I am immensely grateful for those behind YaBB Smiley

IP Logged

forumguy99

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 4:36am
Post Tools
10 years? My forum has just past 10 years using Yabb.
When I set up the forum I knew nothing of FTP files and such. Corey said put it in file cgi-bin/yourfile and I thought the it had to be named yourfile. Had no idea what a CHMOD was. It took two weeks to set it up but now can get a forum running in probably 20-30 minutes. I dont know Yabb was new then.

Congratulations to all and thanks for the help forum. Hope you get things going for a better 10 years.  Cool

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
For us, too; almost. - Re: 10 Years of YaBB
Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 8:14am
Post Tools

One of the websites I operate has had its YaBB forum since 2002, so it'll be 10 years this coming year. And I've been a member here in this forum since 2002 as well.

I was sadly surprised when this forum was down for almost two weeks I think, and I had wondered if YaBB itself was being shuttered. I'm glad to see that it isn't. Corey came to the rescue to get it back up again, and I remain hopeful that other skilled people will follow his lead to keep YaBB going strong.

Years ago I did wonder about YaBB's future because there was a time here in the YaBB support community when webmasters were sometimes given a hard time, i.e., the way some of them were treated was surprisingly unprofessional. I couldn't believe it. I knew that if this continued, there would be no way that YaBB could grow as it otherwise should deserve to grow. That kind of management can kill any business.

At one point I had actually been banned from the forum for no particular reason at all. Some power trip of some kind, I guess. Fortunately, in short order after I had contacted one of YaBB's real leaders, my banning was reversed.

In any case, hopefully YaBB can project the kind of professionalism that will be deserving of more webmasters using its software, and it will attract more developers who are willing to help make it grow.

As always, I remain hopeful that YaBB will succeed for many years to come. It's been around for a long time, and that in itself is a success.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 7:19am
Post Tools
CovetteC3 -

Thanks very much.  Its nice to get a pat on the back from time to time.  YaBB won my heart a long time ago too.

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 4:39am
Post Tools
Thank you very much for the nice words and taking the time to comment, Binnie. Smiley

Wow! 10 years, eh? Almost as old as YaBB itself.

And if I ever own a Corvette, I'll know where to come.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2011 at 4:43am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

corvettec3
YaBB Newcomer

10 Years of YaBB
Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:54am
Post Tools
Our forum is now almost 10 years old and we have been using YaBB all the way.  We have experienced minimal problems and downtime.  The most frustrating problems have been spamming issues and I must say it has been a pleasure working with Jon and Derek to resolve those problems.  The support has been great and I appreciate it very much.  Thanks guys, you are number 1.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top