Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Not posting correctly; at least for me. (Read 1,677 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Fixed! More or less ...
Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 12:46am
Post Tools
Edited:
Update: I deleted the duplicate profile that was temporarily required for me to post again on YaBB, which means that those posts will show me as an ex member if or until a moderator deletes them.

I'm back to using my original profile, which YaBB is once again recognizing (it previously hadn't).

Carry on!  Cool

Bill Myers wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 at 10:28pm:
Edited:
Update: If I could only log out, I could test what I think may have happened after getting bugged out of YaBB.

Even though I use the same email address with both profiles, my old profile has my username listed as billmyers while my new profile has my username listed as BillMyers.

In a YaBB forum I operate I've had this happen with a few members. In those cases, after notification, and confirmation, I simply deleted the new membership so that the member could log on using their older, and original profile. In one case they did this on their own, as I can do here as well if only I could log out.

Does this make any sense? If so, can a moderator please feel free to delete this new membership of mine? Please also feel free to delete any, and all associated posts. But if you do this, please remember to delete the posts first in case you can't after deleting the 2nd/duplicated membership. Thanks.

For anyone who may be wondering, evidently YaBB has given me a split personality with two memberships using the same username and email address.

Okay, I'm now on with my original membership ... may be getting closer to getting this fixed.

Please excuse this interference unless of course you're having the same problem, in which case let's try to figure it out together. Wink

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 1:29am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
Ex Member

YaBB has given me 2 memberships, or so it seems.
Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 10:28pm
Post Tools
Edited:
I'm going to try deleting this 2nd and virtually identical profile so that I can log in using only my original profile as I've been doing since June 2002. As such, this post may show me as an ex member when in fact my membership should still be active as the following profile:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=billmyers

In any case, to any moderator, please feel free to delete this post if it helps to clean up the place. Thanks.

Edited:
Update: If I could only log out, I could test what I think may have happened after getting bugged out of YaBB.

Even though I use the same email address with both profiles, my old profile has my username listed as billmyers while my new profile has my username listed as BillMyers.

In a YaBB forum I operate I've had this happen with a few members. In those cases, after notification, and confirmation, I simply deleted the new membership so that the member could log on using their older, and original profile. In one case they did this on their own, as I can do here as well if only I could log out.

Does this make any sense? If so, can a moderator please feel free to delete this new membership of mine? Please also feel free to delete any, and all associated posts. But if you do this, please remember to delete the posts first in case you can't after deleting the 2nd/duplicated membership. Thanks.

For anyone who may be wondering, evidently YaBB has given me a split personality with two memberships using the same username and email address.

This post is obviously from the new personality, and my recent post as linked below is from the old personality; uh, membership.

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1321482496/3#3

Also, I'm still unable to log out.

For me this isn't that big of a deal; just an odd inconvenience. Hopefully these bugs in this newest version of YaBB will be worked out.

Meanwhile, would it make more sense to go back to 2.5 before YaBB's database gets even stranger? Just thinking aloud.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 1:10am by »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Very odd. -Re: Not posting correctly; at least for
Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:46pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:40pm:
Oh, in case I lose this dual identity as well, and I'm unable to post any further updates, please let me know what's going on via my Bill@MyersProductions.com email address. Thanks.

And here I am posting with my original registration. Very odd.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
Ex Member

Re: Not posting correctly; at least for me.
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:40pm
Post Tools
Edited:
I'm going to try deleting this 2nd and virtually identical profile so that I can log in using only my original profile as I've been doing since June 2002. As such, this post may show me as an ex member when in fact my membership should still be active as the following profile:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=billmyers

In any case, to any moderator, please feel free to delete this post if it helps to clean up the place. Thanks.

Oh, in case I lose this dual identity as well, and I'm unable to post any further updates, please let me know what's going on via my Bill@MyersProductions.com email address. Thanks.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 1:09am by »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
Ex Member

Re: Not posting correctly; at least for me.
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:33pm
Post Tools
Edited:

By the way, trying to log out doesn't seem to always work either if that might shed some light as to what might be happening.

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 1:09am by »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
Ex Member

Not posting correctly; at least for me.
Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:31pm
Post Tools
Edited:

Please, for anyone who can fix it, here in this forum I'm not always able to log in to my profile using my Bill@MyersProductions.com email address. Sometimes I exist. Sometimes I don't. And now I have two profiles with the same email address, which of course isn't supposed to be allowed.

Another oddity, as you can see, is that I needed to register again to post this message (using my same Bill@MyersProductions.com email address), so it appears that I'm new even though I've been a registered member for almost 10 years.

So, to anyone who can fix this, please feel free to have a go at it. Then once you think this problem has been resolved, please feel free to delete this temporary membership of mine so that my Bill@MyersProductions.com email address will only be associated with what should be my first, and only registration.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 1:08am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top