Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Re: "Pre-Registered Member" admin notification (Read 2,903 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: "Pre-Registered Member" admin notification
Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:04pm
Post Tools

Offhand, does anyone know if there's a file for me to edit to rid myself of the constant "Pre-Registered Member" admin notification that shows even after the pre-registration log has been cleaned up?

What constantly shows is the following message:

There is 1 Pre-Registered Member that is not yet
validated.

In the \cgi-bin\yabb\Variables folder I'm aware of the "registration.log" file that gets updated whenever people attempt to register. However, I don't see a count log that I'm hoping I might be able to zero out.

If it matters, what caused this to happen was an incomplete registration from some spammer, i.e., a partial registration that could not be cleaned up through the AdminCenter. So I simply edited the "registration.log" file to clear it, at which point I uploaded it to the server.

Any ideas?

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:15pm
Post Tools
Hi Bill,

Take a look in the Members directory for a username.pre file - if one's there, delete it.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 12:16am
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:15pm:
Hi Bill,

Take a look in the Members directory for a username.pre file - if one's there, delete it.

Thanks Derek. Unfortunately there was no file with that name. However, your help ended up being invaluable, and right on target!

As it turned out, there was one file with a pre extension on it, which as you probably already know was a registration file. I did not know this.

So after setting aside a copy of it just in case I made a mistake, I deleted that particular file, and it worked.

Thank you Derek!

P.S. It just dawned on me that you probably meant anyusername.pre when you gave me that instruction.

I clued in to what you meant when a 2nd spammer attempted to register while I was looking into this, which allowed me to see there was yet another "username.pre file just as you described it.

It must be nice to know this stuff. Thanks again!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:11am
Post Tools
No problem, Bill.

Bill Myers wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 12:16am:
P.S. It just dawned on me that you probably meant anyusername.pre when you gave me that instruction.

Yep, that's what I meant. I probably didn't explain it too well though. Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:42am
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:11am:
No problem, Bill.
Yep, that's what I meant. I probably didn't explain it too well though. Smiley

You explained it just fine. After all, "username" is a generic term that I should have picked up on. Besides, the answer you gave me was spot on, and it worked.  Cool

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Re: "Pre-Registered Member" admin notification
Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 9:04pm
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from Non-YaBB Programming and Technical Help [move by] Dandello.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top