Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Spam posts - Re: Dreamscape Warriors (Read 853 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Spam posts - Re: Dreamscape Warriors
Dec 6th, 2011 at 5:58am
Post Tools
satsuke1 wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 4:28am:
Thanks for sharing. A new learning for me. Thank you.

Of all YaBB forums, spammers are able to post here? I'm surprised.

Hint
: Check out this explanation in Wikipedia.

To the YaBB moderators, please feel free to delete this post of mine when it's no longer relevant.

Edited:
By the way, if anyone comes up with a good way to stop spammers cold, please share. Thankfully, we can stop spammers from posting, but it's a pain to keep deleting their registrations.

On that note, is there a reason that spammers are being allowed to post here in this forum? In this forum?! Something's really wrong about that.

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011 at 6:06am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Dreamscape Warriors
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Post Tools
@ Bill -

A. THERE IS ONLY ONE MODERATOR CURRENTLY ACTIVE- Yours Truly - So I get the Spammers by running a 'Dawn Patrol' a few times a day...

B. There is currently no way to stop registration by hu-bots. they can pass a Turing test - that IS the definition, right???  When you think up a test a human spammer cannot pass on a General Interest Forum, you let me know. I'll code it, and we can both make a lot of money.

That all said - I will squish a few insects.

Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:48pm by JonB »  

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Spam posts - Dreamscape Warriors
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:08am
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:44pm:
@ Bill -

That all said - I will squish a few insects.

Cheesy

Thanks for squishing those insects.  Cool

As for the spammers, even the human ones can be stopped cold by implementing the admin/moderator filter, i.e., after they register, just invalidate or delete those registrations so that they're unable to post at all. For the most part, spammers are pretty easy to identify.

But on that note, I'm hoping for a way to slow down their attempted registrations. It only takes a short bit of time to invalidate and delete a hundred or so a day who try to register, but it's still a pain.  Angry

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools