Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Make it snow (Read 6,311 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Make it snow
Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 7:28am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 5:26am:
Here's where i found it in the view source display..

http://yabbtoolbar.com/content/view/97/2/

nothing to download just copy the code and paste it ... Give it a try...

Right, but webmasters should only pull the snow.js file from their own server (copied to their yabbfiles folder); not from YaBB Toolbar's server.  Wink

Edited:
By the way, check out the snowflakes that appear when you type "let it snow" in Google's search engine. Even with Google's white background the snowflakes appear quite nicely. Their defrost icon is pretty cool, too (give it a few moments).  Cool

« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2011 at 7:51am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #19 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 5:26am
Post Tools
Here's where i found it in the view source display..

http://yabbtoolbar.com/content/view/97/2/

nothing to download just copy the code and paste it ... Give it a try...

IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #18 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 5:13am
Post Tools
I actually found the original i've always used here on this site. It's om the Yabb toolbar site. it's the eaisest yet, just paste the code right below the head tag and there it is...i'll locate the post it's in...Thanks Ya'll...

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #17 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 5:09pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:14pm:
I got it to work on one of mine - the other has a white background - white on white doesn't work so well.  Grin

I know what you mean.  Wink

Dummy me, when I ended up taking off those snowflakes I kind of messed up the forum when I inadvertently deleted some lines of YaBB code. The background image wasn't showing up, and colors were different.

So, did I know how to fix it? No. Thankfully, after I figured out what file the template actually was, I was able to look at one of the backups to see what was missing. Copy, paste, upload the corrected file, and there you have it.

I need to be more careful next time.  Shocked

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #16 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:14pm
Post Tools
I got it to work on one of mine - the other has a white background - white on white doesn't work so well.  Grin

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #15 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 5:12am
Post Tools
Congratulations! I see that you were able to make it snow in your forum.  Cool

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #14 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:35am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:16am:
And here we are... suggestions anybody?

Okay. I looked again, and got it to work just fine. The thing is, though, the snowflakes are small, and white, so in a forum like this one with these colors, as I also have them, the snowfall can be hard to see.

But if you want to try it, especially if you have dark colors in your forum, then it's a simple 2-step process as follows:

1. Upload the snow.js file into your yabbfiles folder.

2. Use your YaBB AdminCenter to access your template, paste the script text as provided near the end above the end body tag (</body>), and then save the template file.

There you have it; snowflakes falling!

Note: I couldn't paste that small script file here in this post because YaBB won't allow it.

IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #13 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:16am
Post Tools
And here we are... suggestions anybody?

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #12 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:10am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:41am:
Yep done all that, even used  virgin copy of 2.5AE and nothing...Makes me want another drink..but ill keep at it..

Oh! You're trying to have it snow in your forum. I didn't realize that. I actually tried to make it snow in a YaBB 2.4 version, but I wasn't able to make it work. Hmmmm.

IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #11 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:41am
Post Tools
Yep done all that, even used  virgin copy of 2.5AE and nothing...Makes me want another drink..but ill keep at it..

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #10 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 2:57am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 2:37am:
Am i  missing something? when i right click and save the file it goes to my documents file. is this correct?

i put in the code and i get nothing.

I think you meant your documents folder, right?

That's just your computer's default setting. You can save a downloaded file anywhere you want. In any case, just cut it from your documents folder, and put it where you want.  Wink

By the way, a simple way to figure out if you can do this is to save this page from our site, and then upload it to your server with the snow.js as well.

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:03am by Bill Myers »  

IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #9 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 2:37am
Post Tools
Am i  missing something? when i right click and save the file it goes to my documents file. is this correct?

i put in the code and i get nothing.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 6:36am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 21st, 2011 at 5:01am:
Can' get it to work either...

I got it to work on the following page:

http://www.myersproductions.com/snowdemo.htm

So if you following the instructions exactly as they are below, it should work for you as well (remember, from this page as you already know):

Quote:
Step 1: Download the following file- snow.js - by right clicking it and selecting "Save As."

Step 2: Then, add the below code into the <BODY> section of your page, preferably at the very bottom:

Note: I couldn't paste the actual script code here because YaBB doesn't allow it. But as you know, that script is in the text box on this page.

IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 5:01am
Post Tools
Can' get it to work either...

IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:59am
Post Tools
Well heres a 3rd one i found that looks like the one i had (snow wise)...

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/snownoimages.htm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top