Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Make it snow (Read 6,139 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Make it snow
Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:50am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:17am:
Well darn, i ain't having any luck with this one either...

Here's an irony for you if it's any consolation, even though it's snowing here on my website, when I tried making it snow on another website, it didn't work. The two websites are on the same server, too, so I don't get it. Go figure!

Edited:
Maybe it has something to do with uploading the snow.js file as Binary versus ASCII.

Hint: When I've had similar problems with other websites, I've often studied the source code on a site that worked, and then copied it exactly until I could get it to work on one of my websites.

It should go without saying that I was careful not to break any copyrights while copying, and pasting code.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2011 at 6:44am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:17am
Post Tools
Well darn, i ain't having any luck with this one either...

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 7:30am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 20th, 2011 at 5:19am:
Thanks Bill, Good stuff there. This is a bit different and i can't get it to work.but i'll stay at it. wonder y its not working...

I couldn't get it to work either. Sorry about that.

However, I did manage to find another script that works. I may leave it on my site until after the holidays (subsequently removed). Getting it to work is a 3-step process (starting with instructions on this page).

Or more directly as follows:

1. http://javascript.about.com/library/blsnow1.htm

2. http://javascript.about.com/library/blsnow2.htm

3. http://javascript.about.com/library/blsnow3.htm

For me personally, I didn't quite get in step 2 that I needed to create a simple text file called "snow.js" without the quotes. But it's easy to create. Just highlight and copy the code from the text box you see on that page, place it in a simple text editor such as Notepad, and save it as a simple text file (but without the txt extension; just the js extension). Then upload it to the same directory as the page you want snow on.

Also, I almost forgot to copy the 2 snowflakes that are provided on page 1 of the instructions. Once copied, just upload them to the same directory as your web page.

I didn't mess with the scripts and code that were provided, but apparently you can edit whatever you need to add different types of snowflakes, etc.

Happy Holidays!

By the way, if what you see isn't what you want in terms of the snowflakes themselves, it seems that you can use other snowflake graphics that will better suit your taste.

Also, I found these particular instructions after doing a quick search on Google. As such, you can surely find a number of other snow falling scripts as well.  Wink

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2011 at 6:46am by Bill Myers »  

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 5:19am
Post Tools
Thanks Bill, Good stuff there. This is a bit different and i can't get it to work.but i'll stay at it. wonder y its not working...

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 5:34am
Post Tools
THEWISEOLDOWL wrote on Dec 16th, 2011 at 4:38am:
Someone here has or had a site with a code that made it look like it was snowing, If it still exist may i have it, I use it every year at xmas but i lost it.
it is something like this...
<!-- Start Snow For Christmas Code -->
<!-- End Snow For Christmas Code -->

Please & Thank you..* THEWISEOLDOWL

Maybe this site is the place you can get this? Seems like it might be.

IP Logged

THEWISEOLDOWL

Make it snow
Dec 16th, 2011 at 4:38am
Post Tools
Someone here has or had a site with a code that made it look like it was snowing, If it still exist may i have it, I use it every year at xmas but i lost it.
it is something like this...
<!-- Start Snow For Christmas Code -->
<!-- End Snow For Christmas Code -->

Please & Thank you..* THEWISEOLDOWL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top