Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic all board totals zero, recount doesn't work (Read 1,385 times)
Slavcho
YaBB Newcomer

all board totals zero, recount doesn't work
Dec 24th, 2011 at 10:02pm
Post Tools
Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade our forum from YaBB v1.4 to v2.5AE. Everything went smoothly apart from board totals for topic/posts/last post being shown as 0 and N/A. The Recount Board Totals command doesn't change anything and the forum.totals file it creates is empty (0 bytes). Attached is the content of the Board directory.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

Boards.zip ( 189 KB | 64 Downloads )

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: all board totals zero, recount doesn't work
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2011 at 9:11pm
Post Tools
@ slavcho -

This is a known problem. You can search in this board or the General Board for the previous threads on this.  If you don't find them in the next hour or so, I'll search for my notes.

The bottom line is you need a two-step conversion.  I think 2.3.1 is the last version that does not cause the issue with 1.x boards (you need to know the right version - thus look for previous threads)  You would install and convert to the 2.3.1 (OK conversion), then upgrade to the current version.

found the threads -
http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1281804647/29

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1304516017/18

Good Luck
Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Newcomer

Re: all board totals zero, recount doesn't work
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2011 at 10:22pm
Post Tools
Hi,

I'm not much into Perl, but by looking at the code I think I discovered what the problem is. So the BoardTotals sub in system.pl can only update existing lines in forum.totals and cannot add missing boards to it when called from the main Recount Board Totals action. And for some reason the importer from v1.4 does not add corresponding boards to the totals file, so it can't ever get updated. The work-around I used was to add such lines manually to forum.totals for all boards on our forums -

board_name1|0|0|N/A|N/A||||
board_name2|0|0|N/A|N/A||||

and then recount worked correctly. Hopefully this might help somebody else out there who was late to upgrade Wink

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools