Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
There are no actions to perform.
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ggn's YaBB CAPTCHA hack (Read 3,747 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: ggn's YaBB CAPTCHA hack
Reply #30 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:48am
xnoddyx wrote on Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:08am:
that is like PlayThru link to this http://areyouahuman.com/  Wink

That's great! Cool

I see that this also works with Perl, so maybe this can be an option for YaBB at some point.

Elrick. wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:46pm:
I can confirm this CAPTCHA hack works a treat on YaBB 2.5AE – tested and confirmed ...

Way to go Elrick! Smiley

I'm kind of surprised that you don't need to modify SendTopic.lng such as when the Password Reset option is used.

Also, our forum allows guest posting, so I'm guessing this uses the Post.lng file.

Except for the obvious, I don't know why LogInOut.lng is used, but I modifed that anyway just in case.

George is the one who reminded us that, in general, those files need to be modified as well. Smiley

Whenever I make changes in our forum, a rule of thumb for me afterward is to look at our forum with different browsers as a guest, then as a regular member, a moderator, and so forth.

For instance, even with the reminder notification for admins, I've seen forums that were inadvertently kept in maintenance mode because an admin didn't realize that only they could see their forum.

Just saying! Wink

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:55am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: Like most others, this forum doesn't allow us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]