Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic IP Banning (Read 491 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
IP Banning
Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:29pm
Post Tools

Question: How many IP addresses can I list without causing problems in the forum?

Thanks to implentating ggn's easy to edit modifications that are outlined in this post, I've evidently been able to stop all spam bots from registering. I previously kept those spammers out by requiring admin approval, which of course took up bits of time throughout the day. Thankfully, I no longer need to do this.

I currently have 2,060 IP addresses that have been banned; almost all because of spammers getting past the captcha settings.

Thankfully, I no longer need to constantly add IP addresses to the previously growing IP banning list. My thinking is that I'll par down that list to include only those that I need.

I should add that with 2,060 banned IP addresses in this list, our forum still operates quite fast, but I thought it might be better if I don't add to the size of whichever pl file that gets bigger because of this list.

Your thoughts? Suggestions?

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:33pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top