Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic admin approval bug (Read 2,483 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: admin approval bug
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 9:33pm
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from YaBB 2 - Bugs [Need Verification] [move by] Dandello.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:38pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx:
Quote:
yes maybe a fix but also email those (potential) members to let them know that they will have to re register ??

That's probably a good idea.

A really simple fix would be to just disable the change of registration methods until the registration log is cleared (or deleted).

Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:38pm by JonB »  

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 1:50pm:
at this point, wouldn't it be sensible to just make your mind up on the pending registrations before you switch methods?

i was just thinking of forums where the traffic of registrations has went up and also say that that forum only has one or two admins but the traffic of registrations are now more than they can cope with so change the settings to lighten their admin load from admin approval to Pre-registration with email membership activation as it is just now WAM you end up with accounts in limbo - needing admin approval but unable to be approved.

JonB wrote on Jun 7th, 2012 at 1:50pm:
As a fix - I would suggest that changing registration methods should trigger a check to see if you have registrations pending.If there are registrations pending, you should have the choice to 'make decisions' or 'clear registration log'.  Clearing the log would make move all those pending out of limbo.

yes maybe a fix but also email thows members to let them know that they will have to re register ??

anyways it's just a thought i had on this and put it out there for feedback do you think its a valid point and maybe put it the dev y3 board?.

if not maybe put it on boardmod for a mod suggestion
Cool

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 1:50pm
Post Tools
Of course, as you know how the program works at this point, wouldn't it be sensible to just make your mind up on the pending registrations before you switch methods?

As a fix - I would suggest that changing registration methods should trigger a check to see if you have registrations pending.
If there are registrations pending, you should have the choice to 'make decisions' or 'clear registration log'.  Clearing the log would make move all those pending out of limbo.

Think of it this way - If you decided to no longer require visas for visitors from other countries, wouldn't it be kinda dumb to try to process all the visa requests that have been submitted, but have not been acted on?  Smiley

" just sayin' "
Cool
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2012 at 1:52pm by JonB »  

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:47am
Post Tools
freediver wrote on Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:03am:
When you turn it off it leaves accounts in limbo - needing admin approval but unable to be approved.

i have had this for me i say its a bug as if its off you shoud still be able to approve or reject pending approvals

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

freediver

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:03am
Post Tools
When you turn it off it leaves accounts in limbo - needing admin approval but unable to be approved.

Founding member of . I recently upgraded from YaBB 2.2.1 to 2.5 AE to 2.5.2.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 3:04pm
Post Tools
freediver -

In 'my opinion only' that would not be a bug.  Wink

Either admin approval is on or it is not - how else would you expect the program to work???

Cool

IP Logged

freediver

admin approval bug
Jan 14th, 2012 at 2:46am
Post Tools
If I turn off admin approval I can no longer approve accounts that were registered and validated by email. They do not show up in the member list so I assume they still need admin approval. When I click on instant approve I get a message saying that the email address is already in use. If I turn admin approval back on then it works properly.

Founding member of . I recently upgraded from YaBB 2.2.1 to 2.5 AE to 2.5.2.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top