Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Changing Group star images (Read 1,584 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Changing Group star images
Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 5:49am
Post Tools
tonyevans wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 2:34am:
Hope this helps someone ...

Good going! It puts it all into perspective. Thanks.  Cool

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

tonyevans
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 2:34am
Post Tools
OK - I have it worked out now thanks to Bill's clues -

1) Make the gifs you want to use.
2) Upload them to the same folder as the stars IE /yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default
3) Go to Admin - Member controls - Member Groups
4) Add or edit a group and in the drop down menu select "Other" and the type in the file name you uploaded
5) Click on Save and if it new image shows in your groups list all is well - If not Check you typed in the right file name EXACTLY or it won't work.

Hope this helps someone.

Tony

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:49am
Post Tools
By the way, have you checked the following in Admin Center?

In Admin Center, go to Member Groups to check out those options. Maybe this is the place to do what you want. At least it seems that way.

If this works, then I'm sorry for the bad advice I gave you earlier.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:51am by Bill Myers »  

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:42am
Post Tools
tonyevans wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:26am:
Thanks Bill - I guess I can handle that (I hope) Can I add extras in anyway? - Cheers

Somebody here's going to know how to do this properly, and when that's explained, I'm guessing that extras can be included for you to use.

Good luck!  Wink

IP Logged

tonyevans
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:26am
Post Tools
Thanks Bill - I guess I can handle that (I hope) Can I add extras in anyway? - Cheers

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:37pm
Post Tools
tonyevans wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:13pm:
Hi, I am running Yabb 2.3.1 and would like to change the group star images to something else but don't seem to be able to find out how - Any clues would be very good ......... Please - I have been looking all morning and can hear the info laughing at me from somewhere Angry

Tony

Tony,

What I'm suggesting is not the proper way to do it, but I'm guessing it'll be the easiest. I've done this myself with numerous icons, etc., and it's worked out quite nicely.

Let's take the example here in this forum, which likely mirrors your own forum.

For instance, the star icon under your name is at the following address here in this forum:

http://www.yabbforum.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/stargold.gif

So it will look like this:

Edited:
Remember to replace that gif file with another gif file.

All you need to do is to replace the stargold.gif file with one of your choice, upload it to the proper folder, and it's done.

Important! Be sure to rename your chosen file to stargold.gif.

Before doing that, however, I would suggest renaming the original file so that you have a copy of it to use another time if you want; maybe rename it stargold-original.gif or something like that. In other words, keep BOTH files.

As you can see above, the proper folder here in this forum is as follows:

http://www.yabbforum.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/

As such, the folder in your forum will probably be the same, but obviously with your own domain name.

Example: http://www.PutYourDomainNameHere/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/

Got it?  Wink

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:49pm by Bill Myers »  

IP Logged

tonyevans
YaBB Newcomer

Changing Group star images
Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:13pm
Post Tools
Hi, I am running Yabb 2.3.1 and would like to change the group star images to something else but don't seem to be able to find out how - Any clues would be very good ......... Please - I have been looking all morning and can hear the info laughing at me from somewhere Angry

Tony

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top