Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Webhost for a tiny YaBB forum (Read 3,626 times)
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Webhost for a tiny YaBB forum
Reply #11 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 3:18am
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from YaBB-Friendly Website Hosts and Feedback [move by] JonB.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:32pm
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from YaBB-Friendly Website Hosts and Other Tips [move by] JonB.

IP Logged

WebMe

None
Reply #9 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:11am
Post Tools
We've got several customers running YaBB forums on our hosting platform. Happy to provide a free trial to anyone interested. Smiley
WebMe

We offer YaBB compatible hosting. Ask for a free trial.
IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 2:33pm
Post Tools
Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I wouldn't recommend them for site design ... but the hosting is pretty nice.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 5:44pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Feb 26th, 2012 at 3:06pm:
Knownhost has a small shared package - and we KNOW YaBB can run there.

Thanks, I missed that one.
Wink

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 5:44pm
Post Tools
hey batchman -

I followed that link - they may be good at webhosting but they ought to fix the front doorway.  Right now more than 1/2 the links on their index page don't work at all (if you follow the link).  NOT a very good showcasing for a webhost - particularly one that offers site design, LOL.  Maybe you should tip them  Cheesy

Wink

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 3:06pm
Post Tools
Knownhost has a small shared package - and we KNOW YaBB can run there.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 12:30am
Post Tools
Personally, I do recommend these guys ... I have been with them for something like two years, and have not had many problems. I have three YaBB forums installed on my account, and they work nicely.

They just recently updated their servers, and the couple of minor problems they used to have (the spell checker wasn't working) have now disappeared.

They don't object to working with YaBB, and they offer a pretty decent plan for $3.95 a month.

Anyway, I have had good experience with them.

http://xtura.net/

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:45am
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 9:10pm:
I have a member who runs his own YaBB forum on a VPS I set up for his organization. He is so happy with it, he is now looking to set up a forum for the condominium association he is in charge of.

We are talking about maybe 20 members, and mostly posting rules, having announcements, and a 'problem reporting' board.  Beyond that - nada.

I've always had my own servers, so I have little experience in shallow waters.  I DO know to avoid GoDadddy and 1&1, but beyond that I don't know a lot about shared hosting providers.

I think I have heard a fair number of YaBBer's being happy with HostGator (and they have some looow prices).

Any other good ideas in the sub $10/month space???

Thanks
Cool

hi JonB http://x10premium.com/ thay are good i had moved my forum to them on the free hosting for 2 years till pear was made pay for and stoped on the free hosting so setup my server agen and moved it back and the only reason there free service is so good they use it as a testbed to test out stuff before it gets put on the main.

Edited:
oh and you say avoid 1&1 why is this? whats the probs with them?
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:47am by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 1:25am
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 9:10pm:
... Any other good ideas in the sub $10/month space???

This is not a recommendation since I don't have personal experience with them, so please consider this a pointer in a possible right direction, but ...

... Web Hosting UK, which mentions YaBB here in their blog (including a link to download YaBB), appears to be a possibility.

Also, as Dandello well advises here in this post, they have their own user forum here on this page that actually has questions with real answers. Their forum isn't YaBB, but hey, they evidently recommend YaBB nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure that almost any web host that allows access to a client's own cgi folder will be able to successfully operate YaBB.

Hint: To those who may be wondering whether or not YaBB will operate with your potential hosting service, or one that you use, just ask them.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 11:10pm
Post Tools
I know there are lots of them out there - my own rule of thumb is don't bother if they don't have their own user forum that actually has questions with real answers. And one with honest limits - we all know that unlimited resources is a crock.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Webhost for a tiny YaBB forum
Feb 2nd, 2012 at 9:10pm
Post Tools
I have a member who runs his own YaBB forum on a VPS I set up for his organization. He is so happy with it, he is now looking to set up a forum for the condominium association he is in charge of.

We are talking about maybe 20 members, and mostly posting rules, having announcements, and a 'problem reporting' board.  Beyond that - nada.

I've always had my own servers, so I have little experience in shallow waters.  I DO know to avoid GoDadddy and 1&1, but beyond that I don't know a lot about shared hosting providers.

I think I have heard a fair number of YaBBer's being happy with HostGator (and they have some looow prices).

Any other good ideas in the sub $10/month space???

Thanks
Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top