Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Temporary email addresses; VERY TEMPORARY! (Read 1,685 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Temporary email addresses; VERY TEMPORARY!
Feb 6th, 2012 at 6:27am
Post Tools

I recently had someone use a temporary email address to register in our forum. I found the concept of it pretty interesting if anyone is curious; or if you get someone registering with one, and you want to know more about it.

It's called 10 Minute Mail, which I've made clickable if you want to check it out.

Note: I have no affiliation with them. Presently, I don't see any harm in using a temporary email address; kind of like what Gmail allows, i.e. providing additional, and specific email addresses that are only meant to go one way. As such, spammers are stopped dead.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Elrick.
Forum Moderator
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Temporary email addresses; VERY TEMPORARY!
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Post Tools
Thanks Bill for posting that! I immediately added a couple of domains from that site to my Domain Filter as I dont allow temporary, free, toxic and disposable IPs or email  domains to register. It has kept spammers off my forums for the last 6 months without a single spammer registration!. Good info. Great post!

There is no direct experience of reality without interpretation; and all interpretation is corrupted by the cultural and personal prejudices or prejudgments of the interpreter. ~ Elrick

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:14am
Post Tools

Ah, good. I'm glad it helped.  Smiley

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:33pm
Post Tools
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 4:32pm
Post Tools

Thanks for moving this to the proper place. Sorry about that.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo