Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
want to pay someone to fix my YABB (Read 888 times)
realbodywork
YaBB Newcomer

Re: want to pay someone to fix my YABB
Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 5:07pm
Post Tools
Thanks everyone for your great help!

Sean

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 10:23am
Post Tools
Hi guys -

He is on a Windows machine and the last upgrade was a 'hack' in the negative sense. The Paths.pl has issues.

Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 7:38am
Post Tools

Dandello, I just wish I had your knowledge about computers, and YaBB itself for that matter. I just putt along picking up the tidbits that you experts leave for me to impart.

Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 1:08am
Post Tools
Listen to Bill. He's very good at explanations.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 12:13am
Post Tools

Edited:
As you can see from Jon's quote immediately below, evidently Sean is on a Windows machine. In part, my advice should still apply, but that fact needs to be a consideration, and a closer look needs to be taken.

JonB wrote on Feb 8th, 2012 at 10:23am:
Hi guys -

He is on a Windows machine and the last upgrade was a 'hack' in the negative sense. The Paths.pl has issues.

Smiley

It's good news that you're able to log in to your forum as an admin. As such, the problems with your path settings should be easily fixable. My suggestion is for you to do the following:

1. Log in to your forum as an admin.

2. Click the Admin link in your menu near the top of the page.

3. Click Path Settings (on the left hand side of the page).

4. If you are seeing F:/wwwroot/deeptissue/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/attachments.txt or something very similar in Attachments Dir:, you'll need to change this.

By the way, Variables Dir: should probably be ./Variables in that text box.

Caution!   Caution!   Caution!   Caution!   Caution!   Caution!   Caution!

To figure out the absolute path that you need to use for your YaBB forum, all you need to do is to see how it's listed underneath the following heading:

Absolute Path to your main YaBB directory
This information is useful for troubleshooting purposes

/replace/this/with/whatever/your/Admin/Center/lists/realbodywork.com/yabbfiles2/

So what you do is to replace what's in red above with whatever is actually listed as the Absolute Path to your main YaBB directory.

In part, that's pretty much it. If you follow this guideline, you should be able to fix your forum to have it operate the way that it's been coded.

The good news is that the problems you're currently having seem to be pretty minor, and relatively easy to fix. After all, your YaBB 2.2.3 forum as you have it now seems to be showing up just fine. You probably just need to tweak a few settings if not just one or two.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2012 at 6:35pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:50pm
Post Tools
Before you go paying someone, check your Paths.pl.

Because unless you're running on a Windows machine (and you should know whether or not you are) "F:/wwwroot/deeptissue/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/attachments.txt" needs looking at since that's a Windows path.

The other error kind of indicates that something in the Admin directory  is also not being pointed to correctly.  

It's also helpful if you let us know which version of YaBB you're running. (You can add that info under your profile.)  Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:52pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

realbodywork
YaBB Newcomer

want to pay someone to fix my YABB
Feb 7th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Post Tools
Hi,

We are getting this error message and want to pay someone to fix it, so that we can sign in as the admin and fix a bunch of spam on our board. Every time we sign in as the admin and try to delete posts, we get the following screen...

An Error Has Occurred!

Error: Unable to open F:/wwwroot/deeptissue/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/attachments.txt
Verbose: Permission denied

An Error Has Occurred!

Error: Untrapped Error :
Undefined subroutine &main::AdminTemplate called at ./Sources/Subs.pl line 652.

Please send us an email if you can help us, and perhaps update yabb to the newest version as well, while retaining all our posts...  contact us at www.realbodywork.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top