Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Well done to Corey and the YaBB Team (Read 2,410 times)
The Boy

Well done to Corey and the YaBB Team
Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:01pm
Post Tools
This site, surely the premium showcase for YaBB, is usable for the first time in 20 months.

I have been the first to voice concern about how we cannot have this site seen to be running so appallingly badly, if YaBB is to survive, and have more than once posted my views on it.

Well, those issues have now been resolved, and the site is running very well IMHO. So credit where credit is due...

WELL DONE, team Cheesy

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Re: Well done to Corey and the YaBB Team
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 2:31pm
Post Tools
Thanks.  We hope people will consider YaBB once again, and more importantly will join our development team!

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 3:16pm
Post Tools
Having the showcase forum working optimally can only help bring people in.

It also means that those of us who have been recommending YaBB to people for its features and versatility have something to show off rather than apologize for.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 7:38pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Feb 10th, 2012 at 3:16pm:
Having the showcase forum working optimally can only help bring people in.

It also means that those of us who have been recommending YaBB to people for its features and versatility have something to show off rather than apologize for.

I definitely agree! Kudos!  Smiley

Another thing, and I know this may seem trivial, but keeping this community support forum user friendly will be key to growing YaBB exponentially.

There was a time here at YaBB that a user could get banned for no particular reason at all. That's simply unprofessional, and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Sure, especially with newbies, questions will be asked in a rude way from time to time, they will be impatient about getting an answer, but moderators and those who help should simply push through to do what is right; just answer the questions, and offer as much support as can be offered.

Bad customer service will hurt even the biggest, and most successful of companies.

Meanwhile, this YaBB community support forum is looking good again; very good, so it's conceivably only a matter of time before exponential growth is seen again.

Build it, and they will come!  Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

The Boy

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 7:49pm
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Feb 10th, 2012 at 2:31pm:
Thanks.  We hope people will consider YaBB once again, and more importantly will join our development team!

My Perl skills, or lack of, preclude me from being a YaBB developer  Embarrassed

I am, however, more than happy to try out new versions, if you need it tested on a large forum (my old YaBB is still running, just read only).  I have the luxury of a fair amount of spare capacity for test VMs on my physical server, plenty of RIPE IPs, all I currently lack is bandwidth (hopefully resolved in 6 weeks). So testing is easy.

As SMF is proving to be what I wanted Y3 to be, I'd need a lot of convincing to migrate www.omegaowners.com back, although I really do like the cleaner layout of YaBB - the feedback I'm getting about SMF is its too messy/busy and sometimes not obvious to find features.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 4:06pm
Post Tools
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top