YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

YaBB.pl (Read 1,414 times)
 Feb 29th, 2012 at 12:52pm
There are no actions to perform.  

SimpleSimon 
Beta Testers
Staffordshire. UK

YaBB 2.4
YaBB.pl
I have a user trying to access my forums from work and he says that Internet Explorer is trying to Save 'YaBB.pl' rather than open it.
He cannot access the forums. Does anyone know what's wrong please.
I have not heard of this one before ?

WWW SiMound  
IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 1:51pm

Corey Chapman 
YaBB Administrator
Rock Hill, South Carolina

YaBB 2.5
Re: YaBB.pl
That usually occurs when the .pl extension is not setup to be executed on your web server or the folder it is in is not appropriate for Perl execution.  Do you know what URL he is accessing your forum with?  We had that problem here when switching to the new host.  I have various .htaccess URL rewrites which would do this when using that URL to access the forum.  If you used a direct URL, it worked fine.  It was all a matter of getting the rewrites coded properly and setting the proper execution permissions on the folder for CGI-access in the server setup.

IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 3:39pm

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
Wouldn't an issue with permissions and rewrite affect everyone, not just one user on MSIE?

But knowing where the forum in question is would be helpful - and if that one user has had issues with other sites as well.

IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:56pm

BloodyRue 

YaBB 2.5
It sounds like a parsing error on your forum side, however, if it is only their work place it is more likely their employer is blocking the  site with a firewall setting. or other such blocking software.

...    ...
WWW MVMB1  
IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:40pm

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
I had a situation when I moved my forums to a different host that one member's employer was blocking things for the Wifi connected employees, but if someone had access to a wired network connection (like the techs), they were able to get through without any problems.

So if it's just one person in one location, I'd look at the location - either the router or the computer at work.

IP Logged  
 Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 8:27pm

SimpleSimon 
Beta Testers
Staffordshire. UK

YaBB 2.4
The forum is http://simplematchfishing.co.uk
No one else has an issue accessing the site from or work.
It's more than likely like suggested some work firewall blocking it as I can't see anything wrong.
I have no rewrites in the .htaccess but I do have an index.php file so people go straight to the forum with the following code .....

Code (PHP)Select All
<?
header("Location: /forum/YaBB.pl");
?> 

Thanks for the replies  Smiley

WWW SiMound  
IP Logged  
 Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 5:21pm

JonB 
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Land of the Blazing Sun!

None
They may be using a proxy server that blocks scripts or is not configured for .pl files.  I have one miscreant in mind. Microsoft's old ISA (Internet Security & Acceleration Server). Its common for Windows shops to use it for in-house Internet distribution.  I've set it up for companies numerous times, and its quite powerful.  It has been superseded by MS Forefront Server.

Just putting it out there...

Good Luck
Wink

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
jonbservergeek  
IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.