Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) YaBB.pl not closing correctly? (Read 2,620 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: YaBB.pl not closing correctly?
Reply #15 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 4:37pm
Post Tools
Yeah, even with a good spam blocker, we get the occasional automated spam bot that seemingly messes things up with phantom registrations, etc.

Sometimes I've even seen an email address so long that it appears our error log has disappeared when in reality it's simply stretched really wide. Even though this hasn't adversely affected our site, those kind of attempted registrations are the ones I put an IP address block on.

One of these days I'll need to educate myself on how to use YaBB's mods 'cause Derek's anti-spam mod sounds great, and is evidently pretty effective. Meanwhile, I'll have to stick to the simple captcha change that I implemented since it continues to stop all spam bots.

« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2012 at 4:38pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools