Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Daylight Saving Time (Read 1,743 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Daylight Saving Time
Mar 11th, 2012 at 7:29pm
Post Tools
Maybe it's because the server for YaBB is in England, but it seems that the setting to (sic) Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change? here in this forum doesn't affect anything. I do know that the default time in this forum currently shows the time in England, which of course changes when one logs in to their account.

By the way, for future reference when you edit the help files for YaBB downloads, this is supposed to be Daylight Saving Time without an s on the end of Saving (referenced here). This is a common mistake.

I guess for now I'll correct this mistake in our own forum's help files by editing the proper file.  Wink
Edited:
Good news for our forum at least: I had already corrected this spelling error mistake. I obviously had forgotten that I had done that.

Edited:
The easiest way to modify files you need to change is through your Admin Center.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2012 at 8:01pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

trekwebmaster

Re: Daylight Saving Time
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 1:59pm
Post Tools
My forum has not updated to BST.
I have tried clicking on and off of the daylight saving time box, and also tried by using the add or subtract hours feature in the admin centre neither worked, so I suspect it is in the forum set up somewhere?
The forum is an hour behind the correct time. Embarrassed

As the Admin centre does not seem to be able to cure the problem is there another way via the FTP to edit the correct file?

And could someone tell me which file as I have looked and cant find it?

This is not a big deal and only a couple of giuys spotted the problem, although it has bugged me since the time change.

help pleaes Smiley

Using yabb 2.3.1
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 2:42pm
Post Tools
Hi,

Have you changed it in your User Control Panel too?

User CP => Profile => Options:

Quote:
Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change?

The setting in the Admin Center is just the default time for guests, and won't affect any registered members.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:11pm
Post Tools
That's the key. The setting in the Admin Center is just the default time for guests, and only affects registered members based on their respective settings.

So when you set the time through Admin Center, you'll want to check the time when you're not logged into your admin account to see what your server's default time is.

In our forum to point people in the right direction, and to give them interesting information about UTC/GMT, which can be helpful, just to the right of the forum's date and time stamp I added the following:

(Default: UTC/GMT -8 hours. Adjust in UserCP.)

Edited:
Corrected a typo.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:22pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 4:17pm
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from Non-YaBB Programming and Technical Help [move by] Dandello.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top