YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Daylight Saving Time (Read 1,561 times)
 Mar 11th, 2012 at 7:29pm
There are no actions to perform.  

Bill Myers 
God Member
Beta Testers
Los Angeles

YaBB 2.4
Daylight Saving Time
Maybe it's because the server for YaBB is in England, but it seems that the setting to (sic) Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change? here in this forum doesn't affect anything. I do know that the default time in this forum currently shows the time in England, which of course changes when one logs in to their account.

By the way, for future reference when you edit the help files for YaBB downloads, this is supposed to be Daylight Saving Time without an s on the end of Saving (referenced here). This is a common mistake.

I guess for now I'll correct this mistake in our own forum's help files by editing the proper file.  Wink
Edited:

Good news for our forum at least: I had already corrected this spelling error mistake. I obviously had forgotten that I had done that.

Edited:

The easiest way to modify files you need to change is through your Admin Center.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2012 at 8:01pm by Bill Myers »  
Morning, noon, or night, have a great one! ...
WWW BillHMyers  
IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 1:59pm

trekwebmaster 
Kent

None
Re: Daylight Saving Time
My forum has not updated to BST.
I have tried clicking on and off of the daylight saving time box, and also tried by using the add or subtract hours feature in the admin centre neither worked, so I suspect it is in the forum set up somewhere?
The forum is an hour behind the correct time. Embarrassed

As the Admin centre does not seem to be able to cure the problem is there another way via the FTP to edit the correct file?

And could someone tell me which file as I have looked and cant find it?

This is not a big deal and only a couple of giuys spotted the problem, although it has bugged me since the time change.

help pleaes Smiley

Using yabb 2.3.1
IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 2:42pm

Derek Barnstorm 
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers
United Kingdom

YaBB 2.5
Hi,

Have you changed it in your User Control Panel too?

User CP => Profile => Options:

Quote:
Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change?

The setting in the Admin Center is just the default time for guests, and won't affect any registered members.

IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:11pm

Bill Myers 
God Member
Beta Testers
Los Angeles

YaBB 2.4
That's the key. The setting in the Admin Center is just the default time for guests, and only affects registered members based on their respective settings.

So when you set the time through Admin Center, you'll want to check the time when you're not logged into your admin account to see what your server's default time is.

In our forum to point people in the right direction, and to give them interesting information about UTC/GMT, which can be helpful, just to the right of the forum's date and time stamp I added the following:

(Default: UTC/GMT -8 hours. Adjust in UserCP.)

Edited:
Corrected a typo.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:22pm by Bill Myers »  
Morning, noon, or night, have a great one! ...
WWW BillHMyers  
IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 4:17pm

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
This Topic was moved here from Non-YaBB Programming and Technical Help by Dandello.

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.