YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Carsten
Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:45am
Post Tools
Has he closed his site?

If so I appreciate his efforts and mods, especially spam fruits.

He also provided a life line for users when their was no support site available, a top bloke.

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Re: Carsten
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Post Tools
I am not sure what has happened to his forum.  It looks like a permission error, so perhaps it is just a hosting/site issue that he needs to resolve.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 9:14pm
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:13pm:
I am not sure what has happened to his forum.  It looks like a permission error, so perhaps it is just a hosting/site issue that he needs to resolve.

i thort that it was that as well but on the site root http://www.carsten-dalgaard.dk/ the home page dont load and its just a default host page for his host http://www.dandomain.dk/ so dono whats happend  Undecided

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Carsten
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 1:03pm
Post Tools
YMF is back up and running again - sorry for any inconvenience the downtime may have caused Wink

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:28pm
Post Tools
CARSTEN  Smiley You're back! We missed you!

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 5:02pm
Post Tools
Carsten Quote:
Has been down for about a month due to some disagreements with my host - all solved now  Smiley

As you can see, we had wondered what had happened. Glad you're up again!  Cool

That was a long time to have been down. If this ever happens again, maybe you can temporarily point your domain to another address, even if it's to a topic here in this forum to let us know that you aren't permanently down and out.

When a person like you or Corey, or some other key figure disappears, I get very nervous about YaBB's future. In a worst case scenario that presumes YaBB's current leadership structure is shuttered, my gut instinct would be to step in, and take over where YaBB would have otherwise failed.

In my case, it would be like a head with no brain running the place, but along with other brainless heads who care, and brainier heads to keep YaBB's structure in place, delegation would be the smart play to make.

In truth, an open source project is never really shuttered, at least not in theory. In YaBB's case with so may users still online, its forums all over the world would still exist. As such, other "leaders" would presumably step up to the plate, and a reformed central location for the support and possible further development of YaBB would continue on.

Then again, one can always move on to another open source forum software.  Roll Eyes

But I digress. For now at least, Carsten is back, and as far as I know, Corey is still around to continue YaBB's leadership. He's kind of an absentee landord so to speak, but hey, and least he's still around.
YaBB is still very much alive.  Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 3:52pm
Post Tools
That is some truly AWESOME news!

JonB does the Snoopy happy dance...

Cheesy

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 12:45pm
Post Tools
I was beginning to wonder what happened too.  Glad to hear all is well!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo