Topic Tools
 25 adding images (Read 7,617 times)
greenparkland
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.4
Re: adding images
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 4:05pm
Post Tools
Hi many thanks for your reply it just took a look at my main page and it has a small message that say wev'e up graded you to yaBB 2! not sure what that is if it is the 2.5 or not it the advice the same for this edition, many thanks

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: adding images
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 2:41pm
Post Tools
In 2.5 the default directory for attachments is  'path-to-your-html-directory'/yabbfiles/Attachments. This path can be changed in Paths.pl.

The prewritten path in Advanced Settings comes from that setting. Advanced Settings isn't giving you a recommendation - it's telling you what you have set up on your server.

So, if you change the path, you are probably changing to a directory that doesn't exist.

The list that comes up is from a file that lists the attachments that are supposed to be there, not from reading the directory where they're supposed to be.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2012 at 2:43pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

greenparkland
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.4
adding images
Mar 25th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Post Tools
Hi I have followed the instruction given on a subject for adding images, but when I get to the part that says click advanced setting then file attachment tab in the section marked:Attachment directory exists and has correct permissions? is set at yes, but not with the suggested text it suggests changing it to  ......com/forum/yabbfiles/attachments, but when I change it to this the attachment directory is then set at no, I have even tried it unchanged with the permission set at yes . yet when listing something in the forum when I hit browse button it brings up files I choose one then list the subject but when I click on the link to view is bring up a web page saying URL not found, I can get pictures by uploading to phobucket and inserting the code but others will find it hard, any ideas I need this one solved please Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top