Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic SPAM Attack Problem (Read 657 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Re: SPAM Attack Problem
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:19pm
Post Tools
Joe Mayo wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:47pm:
My board was attacked by a bunch of spammers and I now have over 5000 users.  Is there an easy way to delete large block of users?  For example, I would like to delete every "YABB Newbie", or every user that registered between day X and Day Y.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Here's something to try that should work:

Edited:
Edited to make mention that these instructions are verified for YaBB 2.4 (for other versions of YaBB, instructions may vary) A few minor edits to add highlights were also made.

1. Go to Admin Center.

2. Under Member Controls click View/Delete Members.

3. In the Sort by: option, choose Date Registered.

4. In the Reverse Results: option, check the box so that the list of your most recent members are listed.

5. In the Check All: option, choose Greater Than. Then 0. Then Days Registered. Then check the box.

6. Click the Delete Members icon.

That's it.

Hint: In the Forum Settings/General of Admin Center, go to Number of Members displayed per page in Member List and choose a relatively high number so that you'll have less members/pages to delete. You can always change the number back to one of your choice afterwards.

Good luck.

Edited:
You may want to place a notice in your forum about what you're doing. That way, members will know that you're taking care of the spam.

More importantly: As you make these mass deletions, I recommend that you take a quick look on each page for those members who may have posted. You won't want to be deleting legitimate members.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2012 at 7:40am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: SPAM Attack Problem
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 3:32pm
Post Tools
Check the antispam board - lots of good ideas and solutions there. Can't be more specific at the moment as I'm sitting in Starbucks until my ISP gets back online.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Joe Mayo
YaBB Newcomer

SPAM Attack Problem
Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:47pm
Post Tools
My board was attacked by a bunch of spammers and I now have over 5000 users.  Is there an easy way to delete large block of users?  For example, I would like to delete every "YABB Newbie", or every user that registered between day X and Day Y.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top