Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) error when sending group email (Read 4,711 times)
Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: error when sending group email
Reply #21 - May 11th, 2012 at 1:18am
Post Tools
Ah, okay. Glad it's working for you anyway. Smiley

IP Logged

AlanNZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #20 - May 11th, 2012 at 1:07am
Post Tools
Ok thanks. I worked it out. Seems it will not overwrite an old yabbaddress.csv file in variables. Once that file was deleted and I started again the new file had all emails in it...

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #19 - May 10th, 2012 at 6:29am
Post Tools
Hi Alan,

Are you sure that you applied the fix correctly? I can see what you describe happening on a clean install, but using MailMembers.pl from CVS fixes it for me:

http://yabb.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/yabb/YaBB2/cgi-bin/yabb2/Admin/MailMember...

Just save the file and upload it to your yabb2/Admin directory.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2012 at 6:32am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

AlanNZ
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #18 - May 10th, 2012 at 4:23am
Post Tools
My one only exports or sends to or downloads the last group in the list ie just joined and I cant seem to find a way around that.... have installed the updated files etc as per this thread but to no avail..any thoughts please.. I need to send my newsletter to all members.....

the list comes out showing the just joined after the email address ... ie. dxxxxmixx@hotmail.com;Just Joined

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #17 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 5:09pm
Post Tools
Billy Rhythm wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:51pm:
My Variables directory is chmoded 777.

Although Chmod 777 should work, I read somewhere that it's not recommended because it can cause problems. The permissions for that folder is supposed to be 755, so maybe you can give that a try to see if it makes a difference.

By the way, as you may already know, permissions for "all files" in the Variables folder is supposed to be 666 even though you'll often find that they're set at 644.

As for possible corruption in your Members folder, if you have a backup of that folder, maybe you can upload those files. Also, the CHMOD settings should be the same as the Variables folder, and files (755 and 666 respectively).

Edited:
On a related note, with individual *.var files when they produced errors, I've found that uploading the same files from a local backup solved the problem. In others words, an older backup beyond the latest and current backup wasn't needed.

Maybe in your case during the upload process one or more of the files in the Members directory got transferred incorrectly.

Just to have options, I routinely have a rotating number of backups for our forum ... usually 3 or 4. Additionally, those daily backups are copied onto an external server so that we really have 2 of each.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 5:19pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #16 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 2:55pm
Post Tools
Are there any errors listed in your server error logs? YaBB preempts most errors from showing up there, but some do get through.

I'm 99% sure it's an issue with one or more member vars files that got corrupted during the upgrade. (Hope you don't have too many of them as you may have to look through all of them to find the bad ones.)
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 3:00pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Billy Rhythm
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #15 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:51pm
Post Tools
My Variables directory is chmoded 777.

IP Logged

Billy Rhythm
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #14 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:49pm
Post Tools
The instructions on the page say:

"Export the email address of the members in the groups you selected above to a comma-separated text file. This file is saved under the name yabbaddress.csv in your Variables folder. Once you have done this, you can download the file with the button that will appear after the file has been created."

No download button ever appears. No yabbaddress.csv file is found in my Variables directory, either.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #13 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:26pm
Post Tools
Under Email Your Members (in the Admin panel) there's a button for export email address list - once it's made it can be downloaded and opened as a text file.

That error code indicates the Perl Module LWP::UserAgent hasn't been installed or is corrupted. Granted, as far as I recall only the SpellChecker needs it, but there may be some dependencies I don't know about. Besides, it's throwing an error.

IP Logged

Billy Rhythm
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #12 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:12pm
Post Tools
Um, no, I guess it doesn't. What would the filename be? I don't see anything obvious.

When sorting by date, though, I did find an error log, and I did find this entry (which is my IP)

1334084329|1334066327|69.39.100.2|Untrapped Error :<br />Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/
i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl . ./Modules
./Modules) at ./Sources/SpellChecker.pl line 27.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./Sources/SpellChecker.pl line 27.Compilation failed in require at ./Admin/Admin.pl line 1030.|detailedversion|||admin|

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #11 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Post Tools
Now I'm wondering if something got fubared during the conversion of the members' vars files - not enough to toast the forum, but maybe a bad text string in the email addresses or member name.

There's a function to create a csv email address list (which can then be imported into another email client) - does that come up with good data?

IP Logged

Billy Rhythm
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #10 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 8:27pm
Post Tools
I did it per the instructions. IIRC, there wasn't an "upgrade" path available, as it was too old. So I had to install the software like a fresh install, and then bring over the Boards and Members and all those other directories.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 8:06pm
Post Tools
Billy Rhythm wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:07pm:
Sources/Subs.pl is also listed as 2.5 Anniversary Edition.

did you go from 2.1 to 2.5 in one go as i remember there being a prob with going from a older yabb  2.3.1 and down here is the link http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1232988144
hope this helps  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Billy Rhythm
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:07pm
Post Tools
Sources/Subs.pl is also listed as 2.5 Anniversary Edition.

IP Logged

Billy Rhythm
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:05pm
Post Tools
Thank you Dandello for your help.

The detailed list does show all versions 2.5.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top