YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Pages: 1 2 
Topic Tools

error when sending group email (Read 4,044 times)
 Reply #15 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:51pm
There are no actions to perform.  

Billy Rhythm 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Re: error when sending group email
My Variables directory is chmoded 777.

IP Logged  
 Reply #16 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 2:55pm

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
Are there any errors listed in your server error logs? YaBB preempts most errors from showing up there, but some do get through.

I'm 99% sure it's an issue with one or more member vars files that got corrupted during the upgrade. (Hope you don't have too many of them as you may have to look through all of them to find the bad ones.)
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 3:00pm by Dandello »  
IP Logged  
 Reply #17 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 5:09pm

Bill Myers 
God Member
Beta Testers
Los Angeles

YaBB 2.4
Billy Rhythm wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:51pm:
My Variables directory is chmoded 777.

Although Chmod 777 should work, I read somewhere that it's not recommended because it can cause problems. The permissions for that folder is supposed to be 755, so maybe you can give that a try to see if it makes a difference.

By the way, as you may already know, permissions for "all files" in the Variables folder is supposed to be 666 even though you'll often find that they're set at 644.

As for possible corruption in your Members folder, if you have a backup of that folder, maybe you can upload those files. Also, the CHMOD settings should be the same as the Variables folder, and files (755 and 666 respectively).

Edited:
On a related note, with individual *.var files when they produced errors, I've found that uploading the same files from a local backup solved the problem. In others words, an older backup beyond the latest and current backup wasn't needed.

Maybe in your case during the upload process one or more of the files in the Members directory got transferred incorrectly.

Just to have options, I routinely have a rotating number of backups for our forum ... usually 3 or 4. Additionally, those daily backups are copied onto an external server so that we really have 2 of each.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 5:19pm by Bill Myers »  
Morning, noon, or night, have a great one! ...
WWW BillHMyers  
IP Logged  
 Reply #18 - May 10th, 2012 at 4:23am

AlanNZ 
YaBB Newbie
New Zealand

YaBB 2.5
My one only exports or sends to or downloads the last group in the list ie just joined and I cant seem to find a way around that.... have installed the updated files etc as per this thread but to no avail..any thoughts please.. I need to send my newsletter to all members.....

the list comes out showing the just joined after the email address ... ie. dxxxxmixx@hotmail.com;Just Joined

IP Logged  
 Reply #19 - May 10th, 2012 at 6:29am

Derek Barnstorm 
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers
United Kingdom

YaBB 2.5
Hi Alan,

Are you sure that you applied the fix correctly? I can see what you describe happening on a clean install, but using MailMembers.pl from CVS fixes it for me:

http://yabb.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/yabb/YaBB2/cgi-bin/yabb2/Admin/MailMember...

Just save the file and upload it to your yabb2/Admin directory.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2012 at 6:32am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #20 - May 11th, 2012 at 1:07am

AlanNZ 
YaBB Newbie
New Zealand

YaBB 2.5
Ok thanks. I worked it out. Seems it will not overwrite an old yabbaddress.csv file in variables. Once that file was deleted and I started again the new file had all emails in it...

IP Logged  
 Reply #21 - May 11th, 2012 at 1:18am

Derek Barnstorm 
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers
United Kingdom

YaBB 2.5
Ah, okay. Glad it's working for you anyway. Smiley

IP Logged  
Pages: 1 2 
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.