Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Assigning a moderator (Read 1,081 times)
Caseyrock
YaBB Newcomer

None
Assigning a moderator
Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:35am
Post Tools
When setting up a new board, I cannot select a moderator.  The selection "Click here to select/add a moderators(s) does not show any choices.  I can type in any kind of text such as:  YaBB, adm, or my own name in the top of the pop-up window but no choices are shown to select from.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Assigning a moderator
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:41am
Post Tools
When you choose Click here to select/add a moderators(s) a pop-up window should appear. Is that happening?

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Post Tools
When you type in letters in the search box in the popup window, what happens?

(Unlike the other similar select member boxes, this one doesn't have letters to select from or a 'show all' button. You have to put in the first letter of the name you're looking for in the upper text-box.)

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 2:45pm
Post Tools
Example:

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 5:46pm
Post Tools
Uh yeah - see the picture.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 6:24pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 2:32pm:
When you type in letters in the search box in the popup window, what happens?

(Unlike the other similar select member boxes, this one doesn't have letters to select from or a 'show all' button. You have to put in the first letter of the name you're looking for in the upper text-box.)

Thanks Dandello. It had been a while since I had added any moderators, but even when I figured out how to add a moderator, it took me a few moments to realize that YaBB's search box needed a little help with me typing in the beginning letters of a member's name. But then, I guess that's the best way to choose a moderator since pulling up every member name could slow down the search.

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Caseyrock
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 3:38am
Post Tools
Sorry, I was out of town for a few days.  If I type in a letter in the pop-up, or a couple nothing shows up.  This is a new board and there are no members yet.  I posted some sample posts and I found out, that even there is no moderator listed, as the administrator I can do everything to the posts.
The board is here:  boacalgary. com/ cgi-bin/ yabb2/ YaBB.pl  (Please take out the spaces in the address.  I'm not allowed to post active web addresses yet)
You can see that the first couple of boards have me listed as the moderator (these are boards I modified from the initial installation).  The other boards were new creations where I could not assign a moderator (but apparently can be modified by me anyway).

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 5:51am
Post Tools
As admin, you automatically have permissions as a Moderator and as Global Moderator.
Have you tried creating a 'regular' user account for yourself and seeing if you can assign the new member as a moderator? It's possible that no names are showing up simply because there's no one to choose from.
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2012 at 5:53am by Dandello »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 6:44am
Post Tools
Caseyrock wrote on Apr 19th, 2012 at 3:38am:
If I type in a letter in the pop-up, or a couple nothing shows up. This is a new board and there are no members yet.

Dandello is correct. You of course need at least one member other than yourself in order to populate your Select Moderators pop-up window.

You can easily add another member yourself. In fact, I recommend that you create at least one membership account that you control so that you can see what other members see.

By the way, after you create a regular membership account, you'll see that name appear in your Select Moderators pop-up window.

Enjoy your forum!  Smiley

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 7:40am
Post Tools
I was wondering if this was a new board with no members, been there and wore the T shirt  Grin

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

Caseyrock
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 12:59am
Post Tools
Thanks everybody,

Good idea to add myself as a new member to see what others see.

Casey

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top