Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Copyright background color (Read 3,127 times)
Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Copyright background color
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:04am
Post Tools
You're welcome, Merv - I'm glad you sorted it. And, yep, I viewed the source. Smiley

WestwegoMan wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 1:44am:
Then there is the problem where I just cant keep my hands off of anything. I'm always trying to add or modify something.

Hehe - I know that feeling. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:08am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 1:44am
Post Tools
Wierd. In the Boardindex.template file did not show up the same way as when you view the source, which is what i'm assuming you did.

Anyhow Derek, you were actually right. There were opening and closing table tags that had to be removed. I'm not sure how they got in there as I used boardmod to install the mod. I guess its possible that I went in and re-modded something and did a little screw-up.

One problem could be that I used of the mod for 2.4 before the 2.5 mod was available. Either way, it was too far back to remember. Maybe I should start making notes within the files when I put my hands on them Cheesy

Then there is the problem where I just cant keep my hands off of anything. I'm always trying to add or modify something. I'm now at the point that I have ran out of mods that I want to add. What is a man to do... Guess I need to go fishing more and get away from this computer when i'm off work.

Thanks for the help.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 7:12pm
Post Tools
You're welcome.

WestwegoMan wrote on Apr 17th, 2012 at 5:02pm:
Just need to tweak things later to get the main page to match the post pages.

I think that's happening because of how you've positioned the Event Calendar Mod - you've got the opening and closing tags for a table with no table rows or or table data. Track down this bit of code - it should be in BoadIndex.template - and remove the highlighted lines. I think that should fix it anyway:

Code (HTML)
Select All
<!-- ## XTC Cal Mod ## -->
<table class="bordercolor" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%">

<table class="bordercolor" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">  

And:

Code (HTML)
Select All
</table>
</table>
<br />
<!-- ## XTC Cal Mod ## --> 

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2012 at 7:15pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 5:02pm
Post Tools
I decided to fight with it from my iPhone and got it.

Just need to tweak things later to get the main page to match the post pages. Too much to do from this phone but atleast it is readable now.

Also, thanks Derek.... I hadn't noticed that you already had the correct color already placed in the code.

Thanks everybody for your help.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:43pm
Post Tools
Derek, thanks for the clarification; and the correction.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:41pm
Post Tools
Thanks for the replys. When I get off of work I'm going to change it in the CSS file. As far as colors, I'm going to use what is above it in which I already have the hex code for.

Thanks...

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:26pm
Post Tools
The copyright is already contained in a division, which is styled by the CSS in my above post:

Code (HTML)
Select All
<div class="copyright" style="width: 100%; text-align: center;"> 

So it wouldn't really make any sense to place it in another container. Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:19pm
Post Tools
Edited:
Right you are, but of course.  Wink

Derek Barnstorm wrote on Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:26pm:
The copyright is already contained in a division, which is styled by the CSS in my above post:

Code (HTML)
Select All
<div class="copyright" style="width: 100%; text-align: center;"> 

So it wouldn't really make any sense to place it in another container. Smiley

Edited:
Yep! But of course Derek's instructions work. Smiley

I just tested it, and the background color came up just fine.

Edited:
Whoops!  Roll Eyes

I just remembered that editing the css file is easy to do, in which case Derek's instructions are probably the best way to fix this.

So you go to Admin Center/Forum Layout/Style Sheet and then click the source icon versus wysiwyg (although wysiwyg may be easier).

I don't know if you'll find this easier or not, but the following can be a quick fix if you want to give it a try.

Go to Admin Center, then Template and look for the following code that is specific to your forum (it should be near the bottom of that template).

Code
Select All
<span class="copyright"><a href="http://www.segnette.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl" class="copyright">Segnette Fishing Forum</a> » Powered by <a href="http://www.yabbforum.com" class="copyright">YaBB 2.5 AE</a>!<br />
<a href="http://www.yabbforum.com" class="copyright">YaBB Forum Software</a> &copy; 2000-2010. All Rights Reserved.</span><br /><br />

Do NOT replace any of the code above. Instead, simply place one line above that text, and one line below it ... the two lines of text that you see in the code box below.

Code
Select All
<table border=2 cellpadding=6><td align=center bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
Put the lines of text that you see in the code box above in between the first line and the last line of what you see in THIS code box (you will be replacing THIS message with those lines of text).
</td></table>

Mind you, the #FFFFFF color code is for white, which can be replaced with "white" if you want, or with any other basic color. Or just use the proper color code if you know it, which is the preferable way to do it.

Hint: A quick way to know what color codes are supposed to be used is to create a new post in your forum that uses the colors you want. But don't post it. Just preview it.

For instance, if you do this, you'll find out what the color codes are for red and blue as follows:

Code
Select All
[color=#ff0000]Red[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Blue[/color]

The obvious result will be:

Red

Blue

I noticed that the background in your forum makes it difficult to read text unless there is a solid color behind your text. However, the background you've chosen seems to be perfect for what your forum is all about, so I hope you'll continue to use it. You may need to tweak some of the text to make it more readable; as needed.

I'm glad you're concerned about YaBB's copyright being properly shown. That's a pet peeve of mine, to see in other forums the masking of YaBB's copyright. It's probably unintentional, but still, I wish that admins would fix this as you intend to do.

Good for you!  Cool
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:48pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 2:45pm
Post Tools
Hi Merv,

I think this is what you mean. In your CSS file, find:

Code (CSS)
Select All
.copyright {
    font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-Serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-align: center;
    color: #FFCC66;

} 

And add the highlighted:

Code (CSS)
Select All
.copyright {
    background-color: #8c9461;
    font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, Sans-Serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-align: center;
    color: #FFCC66;

} 

Remember that external CSS is cached, so you might have to refresh your browser a few times before you see the change.

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Copyright background color
Apr 17th, 2012 at 2:29pm
Post Tools
I have somehow managed to make the background color of the copyright area transparent and can't figure how to change it back to a solid color. I have looked and looked and just cant seem to find it. I'm sure it has to be in either one of the .css or .template files.

So, since I cant find it... I have decided to come to a corner of the web that I know I will find an answer, Yabbforum.

http://www.segnette.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2012 at 2:30pm by WestwegoMan »  

segnettebottom.jpg ( 15 KB | 99 Downloads )
segnettebottom.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top