Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) JonB's feifdom. ;) (Read 2,455 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
JonB's feifdom. ;)
May 19th, 2012 at 4:43pm
Post Tools
It seems that I'm supposed to only post over here. I'm still a little confused about what's going on here.

Sorry for my confusion. I'll go get a cup of coffee.  Wink

Bill Myers wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 4:39pm:
JonB wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 4:17pm:
Bill - any further comments on this topic may ONLY be made directly to Corey Chapman in a Topic dedicated to that issue - for instance "Why Bill thinks you should install an anti-spam module now".

The reason is obvious - it is his choice, not mine. I won't delete your 'special topic', and anyone can comment in that thread.  Is that fair?

Any other postings on this subject matter are over.

Smiley

So let me get this straight. In a topic called "Attention Spammers" we can't have a discussion about installing an anti-spam mod?

Okay.  Roll Eyes

What you're doing isn't fair. It's weird and sad, but reasonable enough I guess. Thanks for at least being reasonable about it (waiting for the next shoe to drop).

Just so everyone knows, unless of course JonB removes this post of mine as well, or censors it, he just removed two previous posts that I made in this topic. I have copies of what I posted because I suspected he might do something like this short of banning me, which is really what I was expecting. But what's the point of reposting the copies anyway?

After all, I don't mind JonB's censorship so much as I minded the fact that an apology I made to depablo was also removed. That wasn't very nice.

So this might be an interesting way to operate this forum. Some members can post where they want, when it's obviously appropriate, and others can only post in a place that I guess only JonB will allow.

Okay. Roll Eyes

I wonder if I'm the only one being censored?  I leave you back to King JonB. Sheesh! Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Re: JonB's feifdom. ;)
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Post Tools
Okay, scratch my stuff. Compared to the brilliant minds at work in this discussion over in Carsten's forum, I pale in comparison.

Now why didn't I think of that?!   Wink

I've gotten my panties in a bunch over an issue that doesn't have to be an issue at all.  Shocked

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 5:05pm:
I've gotten my panties in a bunch over an issue that doesn't have to be an issue at all.  Shocked

It's called a "Wedgie"  Grin
Wedgie or Wedgy

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #3 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:12pm
Post Tools
depablo wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 5:10pm:
It's called a "Wedgie"  Grin
Wedgie or Wedgy

Oh yeah. That describes it quite well!  Grin

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #4 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Post Tools
JonB wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 5:10pm:
Let me point out the topic -

YaBB Chat and Support Community › Yet another Bulletin Board › YaBB News and Announcements › Attention Spammers
ANNOUNCEMENTS - NOT discussion -

I should have locked the topic when I posted it - my bad.  NOTE this is an announcement topic "I" started. In the past Corey was the only one who could post in Announcements, look who the moderator is.

That is really what my point is from a moderation view of things.  This is not a place for discussions or polls. I am going to fix it.

Smiley

My bad! And now I see why.

If he could have only been nice and responsible about being pissed at me in the first place, things wouldn't have escalated, and my panties wouldn't have wedged up where they aren't wanted.

JonB gave me an electronic wedgie!  Cheesy

Hopefully as he's done before, from this point forward JonB will simply move things around as they're needed instead of getting so dictatorial about it. I'm just joking around with the fiefdom stuff, but man oh man, there's also a lot of truth in it.

Generally speaking, moderators need to regularly take chill pills. Sheesh!|  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #5 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:37pm
Post Tools
Quote:
Compared to the brilliant minds at work in this discussion over in Carsten's forum, I pale in comparison.

JonB notes "I run 2.4 in all my forums"

Wink

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #6 - May 20th, 2012 at 12:02am
Post Tools
I hereby publicly request for JonB to cyber-spray me with some XANAX as he did to Bill in the other thread.

Ok. I'm done. I'll leave it alone now, maybe. Smiley Grin

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #7 - May 21st, 2012 at 7:31pm
Post Tools
Consider yourself spayed, errr sprayed...  Cheesy

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2012 at 1:09am
Post Tools
Whew!! Smiley I was worried for a second there. Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
The little kingdom of JonB's feifdom. ;)
Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:39pm
Post Tools
Quote:
So if you don't mind me asking, what did JonB delete?

The question above has been asked of me more times than whether or not JonB blocked me from posting, or if I had been banned.

For the record, he really only threatened to ban me after reminding me that he's pretty much the only one running the place now, which upfront is obvious.

In any case, just as I responded to a PM here in this forum, the following is what I more or less replied to others:

JonB deleted 2 of my posts, neither of which needed deletion. He was just showing me that he could censor me anytime he wanted.

One of the posts included an apology to a member here who had difficulty keeping up with all the edits that I used to make with my posts, and I apologized because he had made a good point about it. Ironically, that member sent me a PM about it, so he was aware of what I had posted.

JonB claims that he didn't delete my posts, and while I believe him, the posts he apparently moved over to a private part of the forum can't be read by the public.

Deletion? Moved to an area that the general public can't read? Same difference.  Roll Eyes

I have copies of the posts that were deleted, but I don't have them in another window right now to read from them directly (I had suspected he might begin deleting some of my posts if not ban me altogether).

I believe I gave my opinion that he was a little too thin-skinned and unprofessional to be a YaBB moderator, especially in a forum that is meant to be supportive, and especially in a YaBB forum that is showcased to the world.

In any case, none of this is really a big deal. For the most part I actually like JonB, but I've seen him get dictatorial with other people, too, so how he reacts really depends on the mood he's in I guess.

But that's not really different than any of the rest of us.  Wink

Besides, with the two posts he deleted, I've more or less posted the same kind of stuff that he didn't delete, so again, what happened wasn't that big of an issue.

I know that others censor their own posts because they're "afraid" of how he'll react.  Sad

Bottom line: I left the forum for a short while to give JonB a break, which he deserved considering the pressure I put him under. I'll try to behave in the future so that he won't break down and get pissed at me again.

There are two sides to JonB, and I hope to only see his good side from now on.

I presume he feels the same way about me.  Shocked Wink

Edited:
Edited to correct yet another typo!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:42pm by Bill Myers »  

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #10 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:56pm
Post Tools
I can symapathize with JonB going it alone, I remember Captain John getting frustrated and at times appeared to be losing the plot.

I also feel sorry for the German user trying to obtain help, it appears this forum does not provide support as it should.

Welcome back Bill  Smiley

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #11 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:15pm
Post Tools
depablo wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:56pm:
I remember Captain John getting frustrated and at times appeared to be losing the plot.

there where times as well when he was so frustrated he just wasn't reading what people were asking and was just like a bear with a sore head  Sad and dont think the sourceforge was helping as well but as for JonB i have and hope to only see his good side i have always found him helpful and will go as far as to say almost a yabb friend same for more people on here and hope they feel the same  Smiley

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:22pm
Post Tools
Agreed  Wink

I think we should all pull together to help out our German friend reach a solution (using google translate of course)   Grin

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:28pm
Post Tools
Welcome back, Bill!

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #14 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:44pm
Post Tools
depablo wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:22pm:
Agreed  Wink

I think we should all pull together to help out our German friend reach a solution (using google translate of course)   Grin

i always use google translate and i think i will go have a look for any help i can give just now

WestwegoMan wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:28pm:
Welcome back, Bill!

and ditto

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top