Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic EU and Cookies (Read 1,318 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: EU and Cookies
Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm
Post Tools
JonB wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 2:52pm:
Jeez, yanno -- that's the whole problem with the Internet, in order to 'do things', "it" needs information. I'm switching the the Vulcan MindMeld.

Cheesy

lol im with you on that "star trek beam up sound"  Grin

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #5 - May 31st, 2012 at 2:52pm
Post Tools
Jeez, yanno -- that's the whole problem with the Internet, in order to 'do things', "it" needs information. I'm switching the the Vulcan MindMeld.

Cheesy

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - May 31st, 2012 at 1:00pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 3:35pm:
idiots people who said 'no' to the cookies on the popup and then not being able to login.

Grin lol i know some that are yes click and then ask what was that for  Lips Sealed lol.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2012 at 1:00pm by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #3 - May 30th, 2012 at 3:35pm
Post Tools
In that case, I would hope that adding a cookie statement to your registration agreement should work - If someone has signed up, then they should know that they're going to get Cookies on their computer and it's required for login.

Because one of the things that's going to happen - forums (not just YaBB) getting scads of complaints from idiots people who said 'no' to the cookies on the popup and then not being able to login.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2012 at 12:32pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 3:40pm:
Just got a reminder from a buddy in Britain that the Cookie law has gone into effect in the EU - so if you don't have a privacy statement on your board you should get one. YaBB does use cookies for passwords and (if you're using the COPPA mod) possibly age and (although this is not Cookie related) YaBB does collect user and visitor info for the logs. Your hosting service also collects visitor info for your site logs.

If you're using Adsense or another ad vendor they are also using Cookies to collect information.

Although I do like this statement: "Cookies on this site may contain nuts. We cannot guarantee this site is nut free."

Hi Dandello

i am in the UK and from what i can make out a "privacy statement" on your board wont do it has to be a popup box informing you that this website is about to save a cookie to your computer do you want to let this website save this cookie Yes/No but as for shopping carts
This does not apply; the ones logged when you add something to a online shopping basket or pay for something online don't count, for example.

Hope this give you some more info on it  Wink

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2012 at 4:13pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 3:40pm:
Cookies on this site may contain nuts. We cannot guarantee this site is nut free

Love it! Might have to add that Smiley

<div class=

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
EU and Cookies
May 29th, 2012 at 3:40pm
Post Tools
Just got a reminder from a buddy in Britain that the Cookie law has gone into effect in the EU - so if you don't have a privacy statement on your board you should get one. YaBB does use cookies for passwords and (if you're using the COPPA mod) possibly age and (although this is not Cookie related) YaBB does collect user and visitor info for the logs. Your hosting service also collects visitor info for your site logs.

If you're using Adsense or another ad vendor they are also using Cookies to collect information.

Although I do like this statement: "Cookies on this site may contain nuts. We cannot guarantee this site is nut free."
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2012 at 3:41pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top