Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic A YaBB Environment For Success (Read 1,307 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
A YaBB Environment For Success
Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Post Tools
Keeping in mind that it's not particularly useful to only post complaints, here's a short list of solutions for this support forum that I think can help YaBB become very successful:

1. Use a relatively stable version of YaBB (2.4 or 2.5 if the latter is stable enough). That versus a beta version that too often will give the perception that YaBB is a terrible forum. Those who use it know that YaBB is a great forum.

2. Install effective anti-spam mods (at least one). If or when a hu-bot gets through, move that post to a private area (or delete it), and leave nothing in its place.

3. Assign moderator duties to a group of regular users versus just one moderator.

4. When giving help, moderators should only give help versus adding personal comments.

5. When others give help, and it's being done in a condescending or unprofessional way, at least one moderator should step in to give their professional support, and make that member feel welcomed.

6. As for YaBB's development, proudly emphasis why it is that YaBB is already the best forum that there is. Furthermore, let the public know that future versions are being developed, and that quality over a rush to make a new version available is much more important.

7. Until a new version of YaBB is ready for the public, and there should be no rush to do this, offer and suggest various mods that the development team intends to include as part of YaBB's core functions.

Just thinking aloud, and hoping for the bestWink

Obviously, these are only my opinions. I just hope that those who can, will "listen"
to me and others who sincerely want YaBB to succeed as it so rightly deserves.  Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

The Boy

Re: A YaBB Environment For Success
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:43pm
Post Tools
I agree with most of the above.

YaBB 2.5 is bloody stable (at the software level, but resources required can make the underlying OS fall over), and perfectly usable up to a set size.  Beyond that, the architecture lets it down.  But I imagine very few YaBBs get that big.

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Re: A YaBB Environment For Success
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 2:46am
Post Tools
Very nice vision.

I will agree that an anti spam mod would be nice since at the present time there are several droppings that have been left and are continuing to be left on the face of this forum as i type by a spamtard because there is no anti spam measures in place.

Captcha is clearly not enough!!!

Need a dead horse be beaten anymore?  Grin

That is all.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:08am by WestwegoMan »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
YaBB might as well have a one-user-only membership
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:43pm
Post Tools
The sad truth about YaBB today is that the only guy actually running the place could care less about what we suggest to improve YaBB. I don't get it, but that's the way it is.

In the glass is half full department, with one exception I think, at least we admins have YaBB forums that are operating well.

So it's all good, at least for us!  Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top