Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Our members are getting kicked off one by one (Read 666 times)
WebMe

None
Re: Our members are getting kicked off one by one
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:59pm
Post Tools
Shameless plug, but if you are running out of web space on your current web host then we can offer you hosting with all the space you need and fully compatible with YaBB  Wink
Let me know if you want a free trial.

We offer YaBB compatible hosting. Ask for a free trial.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Our members are getting kicked off one by one
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 12:20am
Post Tools
This can happen when you run out of file-space on your server. Every time someone logs in, their vars file is written to, but if there's not enough space, the file gets emptied or deleted instead. An empty or missing vars file is what makes for an 'ex-member'.

First, make sure you haven't run out of room. Once that's fixed, copy the admin vars file from a backup (please say you have backups) as well as the vars files belonging to the other missing members. Then run the membership utilities. (The vars files are in Members/)

(And speaking of backups, the space they take adds up fast, so remember to download them to a safe place and then delete them from the server if you're having space issues.)

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

RachelC
YaBB Newcomer

Our members are getting kicked off one by one
Jun 7th, 2012 at 11:42pm
Post Tools
Hi,

I have no idea if you can help me... Yesterday I noticed a member of our forum was labeled as a "ex-member" which seemed really odd.  Later last night I could no longer log in (I am an admin on the site).  Today another admin could not log in and another member reported back to me that I am now labeled as a "ex-member".

It's a private forum, only the admin can add members.  Any ideas as to what happened?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top