Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic OK - What's up??? (Read 1,000 times)
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
OK - What's up???
Jun 13th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Post Tools
Hello everyone. As you can see, this set of boards indicates that the current Next Edition is being considered as a release candidate, although what it would be called officially is open.

I have been working with a few people so far to try to see where things stand. One thing I know personally is that there are bugs in this version, and it is not in a condition to be released as a 'public' beta candidate.  The bugs need fixes, and those fixes need to be moved into a 'release candidate' branch.

There are also 'open questions' on functionality, as some features/changes are incomplete.  The incomplete features would need to be finished & tested or 'edited' out.  OpenID is on that list.

Additionally, there is the matter of possibly incorporating one or more 'mods' into the release stream.  On the 'dead horses' front, an Anti-Spam module would be one candidate.  Clearly, we would need the author(s) permissions to add in each 'mod'.

This is a process I think could be done in a few months, given enough willing hands/minds.

Thanks to everyone who has worked on supported YaBB.

Lets Go, Yabbers!
Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2012 at 1:29pm by JonB »  

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top