Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Font changed and can't get it back to normal (Read 1,234 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Font changed and can't get it back to normal
Reply #8 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 9:39pm
Post Tools
Good to know - of course my Cookie Cleaner cleans out everything periodically, which is probably why I've never actually seen this issue to play with it.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 4:31pm
Post Tools
Oh yeah and 6 points is what it ends up for some reason.

Just clear your cookies and all good again.  Cool

IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 4:29pm
Post Tools
No, no, no, no.

This sometimes gets hooked up and for some reason won't change.  Members on my forum have changed it here on the reply page and it just goes funny.

New cookies fixes it Smiley

Derek

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:45am
Post Tools
campage1 wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:12am:
Does anyone know how to get this changed back to 11 pt as default?

Thanks to Dandello's correction of my previous post, there is a quick, and easy answer to your question.

Answer: Using the Text size - + feature, all you need to do it to choose the text size of your choice to change it, and that setting will remain as you changed it unless or until you change it again.

Qualification: This change will only become permanent if you make a post after changing the font size.

Apparently, you must have hit the - option while typing a post, and it stuck.  Wink

Dandello wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 10:40pm:
In theory, if you change the font size using the - or +, this change should be saved for next time.

Right you are! I've confirmed it. Thanks!  Smiley

Edited:
Edited to add a qualification.

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:56am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 10:40pm
Post Tools
Changing the default font in the CSS won't change the Text size parameter listed in the Post window by the little + and - as that's generated by a javascript in Post.pl from the member vars file.

It will change the size the displayed font but (as in making the type in the Post box or in the message displays.) 

In theory, if you change the font size using the - or +, this change should be saved for next time.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 5:23pm
Post Tools
By the way, and this is going to seem confusing, but ...

Whatever font sizes you choose in your forum, believe it or not, those font sizes will have different defaults depending on what browser is used.

For instance, I've set our Text Area (Textarea) at 11 but the following results are what I get in the different browsers:

Chrome: 11

Firefox: 13

Internet Explorer: 12

Safari: 10

Go figure!  Roll Eyes

The comments above are true.

The comments below are false.

Oh, and when I post comments, I seem to be more intelligent when I'm using Firefox. For some reason, Safari makes me look like a real idiot.

I'm just saying ...   Smiley

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 5:09pm
Post Tools
Edited:
I've left my message as is except for this edit because this is how YaBB is supposed to work. However, despite these options in the Admin Center for YaBB, as Dandello points out, they actually do nothing to change text sizes.

I guess this is a really big bug that YaBB has.  Undecided

In any case, read Dandello's entire message to get a more accurate answer. And in fact, her theory about changing the font size using the - or + actually works as she said it will. That is to say, any change you make will be saved for next time you use the text box. I've confirmed this to be true.

Dandello wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 10:40pm:
Changing the default font in the CSS won't change the Text size parameter listed in the Post window by the little + and - as that's generated by a javascript in Post.pl from the member vars file.

It will change the size the displayed font but (as in making the type in the Post box or in the message displays.)  

Disregarding the rest of my post below is a no brainer, i.e., it's no longer needed.  Roll Eyes

campage1 wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:12am:
Yesterday while on my board I did something but don't know what, that changed the font size where you enter your text messge to post to 6 pt.

Just like here when entering this message at the lower right hand corner of this box it shows 11 pt, mine shows 6 and I can't get it back to 11 pt unless I click on the "+/-" box on the lower right hand corner of this box.

Thank you,
Dave

Based on YaBB 2.4 (other versions will probably be similar)...

Go to Admin Center, then Forum Layout, then Style Sheet.

On that page where it lists Style Sheet you'll most likely see default listed unless of course you're using another style sheet such as yabb21.

In the section that's listed as Elements you'll see a list of elements starting with body. To the right will be its settings.

And so on and so forth.

I think you need to scroll down until you see the Text Area (Textarea) setting. If I'm right about this, you'll see a 6 in the box.

You get the idea. Just scroll around as needed, and you'll figure it out.

Note: You may find when you try to save your change that you'll get the following error message:

--- Start Error Message ---

System Information

For security reasons you are not allowed to delete or change the 'default' template.

--- End Error Message ---

If this happens, there's a way to save your default.css file as another name, and then use that to upload to your server. I've done this myself, but it's a hassle.

Instead, rather than use the wysiwyg page, which is what you'll be working on, you can switch over to the source page.

Then what you do is search for every instance of 6px to change any one of those to 11px. You should be able to save any changes you make in that source text box.

Note: The instructions I've given you may not be exact depending on the version of YaBB you use, but they should give you a leg up in terms of what to do.

By the way, this should be a given, but please make sure that you save a backup copy of any file you choose to edit just in case an unrecoverable mistake is made, and it's needed.

Good luck!  Wink

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:47am by Bill Myers »  

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 3:24pm
Post Tools
Which version of YaBB are you talking about and have you ANY idea what you were doing when it happened? Messing with the stylesheet or template through the Admin Center? Going through things in your User CP?

IP Logged

campage1

Font changed and can't get it back to normal
Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:12am
Post Tools
Yesterday while on my board I did something but don't know what, that changed the font size where you enter your text messge to post to 6 pt.

Just like here when entering this message at the lower right hand corner of this box it shows 11 pt, mine shows 6 and I can't get it back to 11 pt unless I click on the "+/-" box on the lower right hand corner of this box.

Thank you,
Dave

Never look back, something may be gaining on you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top