Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Locked Topic Missing files on upload (Read 9,985 times)
Ludek
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Missing files on upload
Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:02pm
There are no actions to perform.
Hi All and thanks for the prompt replies,  Smiley

Let me tell you what I've done so far...

I downloaded Yabb 2.5 AE (I've just done it again to check) and for example there's no Time folder in Modules (and the rest don't exist either). I've checked that I've got the show hidden files option on. Am I missing something basic here?

Thanks again,

Ludek  Cool

PS I know my host sucks, the annoying thing is this nonsense with the permissions is new - I did it quite happily with the last install.  Sad

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 10:52pm
Hi
Ludek

sorry i just seen that you have

Ludek wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 8:37pm:
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Time': No such file or directorychmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Time/HiRes.pm': No such file or directorychmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload': No such file or directorychmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload/CGI.pm': No such file or directorychmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload/CGI': No such file or directorychmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload/CGI/Util.pm': No such file or directory

this is not part of yabb but Perl Modules for this see here http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/?num=1225217016
and as

Dandello wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 10:41pm:
And just to clarify - those files have to be uploaded through FTP or a file manager - not through YaBB's admin center. (And considering the trouble you're going through, I would run to a new hosting service. If they don't think you're competent to handle basic file permissions, how soon before they decide you're not competent to have Perl programs running at all?)

and also as Dandello pointed out its time to get a new host out of interest who is your host?
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2012 at 10:53pm by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 10:41pm
And just to clarify - those files have to be uploaded through FTP or a file manager - not through YaBB's admin center. (And considering the trouble you're going through, I would run to a new hosting service. If they don't think you're competent to handle basic file permissions, how soon before they decide you're not competent to have Perl programs running at all?)

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:33pm
Hi
Ludek

all the files you listed can be found in the yabb forum download here http://www.yabbforum.com/downloads.php for 2.5 or older here http://www.yabbforum.com/archives.php?currentpage=1

hope this helps you  Smiley

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Ludek
YaBB Newcomer

Missing files on upload
Jul 12th, 2012 at 8:37pm
Hello All,

I've had an account with a particularly c****y web host for a few years now (too lazy to change I'm afraid). This year they offered me what sounded like a much better deal so like a (lazy) mug I signed up again.

What I didn't realise is that as part of the deal my old Yabb install and web site required deletion and I've now got to upload everything to a completely new server.

No great problems except that they've now decided as part of my new deal that I'm not allowed to change permissions myself and every request has to go through their support.

When I uploaded the latest Yabb and requested the permission changes they emailed back to say certain files were missing. They were:

chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Digest/Perl': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Digest/Perl/MD5.pm': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Time': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Time/HiRes.pm': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload/CGI.pm': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload/CGI': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/Upload/CGI/Util.pm': No such file or directory

I had a look around the forum and my understanding is that if I can get the site up then I can go into 'Admin' and use a tool to identify and install these. Is this correct?

If not is there an easy way I can supply these files to the web host so I can finally get my new Yabb install working.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Ludek  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top