Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) It Is Sad (Read 5,846 times)
Monsen
YaBB Legends (Active)

YaBB 2.2
Re: It Is Sad
Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 10:56am
Post Tools
Quote:
Categorizing into status and then looking at when last online. Remembering the names and the banter on and offline and feeling sad that they are no longer active.

I sometimes do the same. I know I haven't been active here for quite a while now myself, but I fondly remember many of the names of people who used to be active at the same time as me. I guess these days, not many people still remember me though.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2012 at 10:57am by Monsen »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 3:32pm
Post Tools
Congratulations on your 700th post, and now more of course.  Smiley

It's not appropriate to mention names, and there's no reason for it really, but not every moderator left on their own accord.  Wink

In any case, particularly because this is a support forum for YaBBers, moderators should be held to a higher standard than in other forums where being professional isn't a particular concern.

Maintaining a higher standard for moderators in any support forum is important for its exponential growth. Even great companies can become crippled due to poor or indifferent customer support.

Thick skins should be a prerequisite.  Smiley

As for members who become inactive, this is not at all uncommon. It's human nature. Our own forum has 7,556 registered members as of this post, and yet, only a couple hundred or so are really active.

It's the same on our site's main pages where many thousands of people visit each day, and millions throughout the year, and yet, there are only 28 members, and 2,593 guests in our forum as of this post.

Look at those sites that have millions of visitors throughout the month, and yet, only a relatively small number choose to participate in their respective blogs or forums.

Look at the relatively small number of people actively participating on Facebook or Twitter compared to how many people are registered members.

Human natureRoll Eyes

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 2:57pm
Post Tools
Congratulations!

Wink

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 2:28pm
Post Tools
That was my 700th post on here  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

It Is Sad
Jul 13th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Post Tools
Just spent an hour or so going through the members list.

Categorizing into status and then looking at when last online. Remembering the names and the banter on and offline and feeling sad that they are no longer active.

There are also those no longer in the member lists who have chosen to delete themselves. One in particular was Captain John, great bloke and a great YaBB ambassador.

YaBB has come a long way and still has it.

Time to get motivated people to keep the legacy going.

Derek

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top