Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unable to open ./Messages/13223445.txt (Read 5,472 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Unable to open ./Messages/13223445.txt
Reply #30 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:07pm
Post Tools
X-Man Wolvie wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:40pm:
FTP program not recognizing or setting file perms during the transfer. It doesn't make sense that some files are okay and others are not unless their is an issue with the FTP program or the transfer protocols -- that my uneducated guess.

Hi X-Man Wolvie ftp programs on first upload do not set CHMOD,s it is the host that sets the CHMOD,s for new files only after upload can you set the CHMOD,s of the new files different hosts have different CHMOD,s defaults although most good hosts will have spent time on what CHMOD,s are best for some web apps and bad hosts will make this as difficult as they can for you as the more time you spend on the phone to support the more cash they make hope this helps  Smiley

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

X-Man Wolvie
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #31 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:23pm
Post Tools
told you it was unedumacated  Shocked

yes, that's what I thought too, but in reality, at least in my case, that's not what is happening. i'll check with my ISP though to be sure.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #32 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 4:05pm
Post Tools
X-Man Wolvie wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:23pm:
told you it was unedumacated  Shocked

yes, that's what I thought too, but in reality, at least in my case, that's not what is happening. i'll check with my ISP though to be sure.

just recently we had a YaBB admin user on a host that had
Quote:
CHMOD is prefixed locked and must say this is the first host i have seen do this

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1342125420/45#46

so if you cant seem to CHMOD any files ask your host if it has prefixed locked all or some of your CHMOD 's also it may be that the root account is not the same as the user on the ftp account and may have different user permissions
just a hunch i have  Smiley

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools