Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Per Jon's notes ... (Read 2,902 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Re: Per Jon's notes ...
Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:30pm
Post Tools
The Boy wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:24pm:
I think all parties need to think before becoming keyboard warriors, as its doing 'YaBB' no favours  Cry

I agree. But it's all good because this too shall pass.  Wink

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

The Boy

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 9:43pm:
I guess you deleted your comment

I did, I realised I was feeding a fire, quite the opposite of my intention.

I think all parties need to think before becoming keyboard warriors, as its doing 'YaBB' no favours  Cry

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 4:23am
Post Tools
Alejandro Raggio wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 1:54am:
... I just want to thank everyone who contributed in any way to the topic ...

Congratulations! Your forum looks great! I'm always happy when a problem gets solved. Smiley

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 1:55am
Post Tools
Good to hear that it now works. Success is always a good thing.

IP Logged

Alejandro Raggio
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 1:54am
Post Tools
The issue was solved and now my forum is working.

I just want to thank everyone who contributed in any way to the topic and a very special thanks to JonB who dedicated a lot of time helping me to solve this.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 9:43pm
Post Tools
The Boy wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:15pm:
For pity's sake, you two, get a room Grin

I guess you deleted your comment.  Wink

Ironically, being in a room together might help to realize that we're human beings, and that both of us should be respecting each other more than is happening.

I remember back in the old days of BBS communities where tempers would sometimes flare up online, and yet, pretty much in person those flames of disrespect would melt with really nice one-on-one interaction; pretty much every time.

Every once in a while back then, we sometimes had guys pretending to be women (you do not want to know), but of course they would never show up in person when our BBS community would meet up for a nice chat and a meal.

It's funny how human nature can be this way in every regard.  Wink

WestwegoMan wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:30pm:
That's going to be one expensive date, being that they live on opposite ends of the country.  Grin Shocked

Well, I am bi; uh, bi-coastal that is.  Smiley

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:30pm
Post Tools
The Boy wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:15pm:
For pity's sake, you two, get a room Grin

Thats going to be one expensive date, being that they live on opposite ends of the country.  Grin Shocked

Sorry, just had to do it. Sometimes I kill my self with my sick amusement.  Grin

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:43pm
Post Tools
JonB wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:13pm:
I asked everyone to stop confusing the issues.  Not just Bill.

... in 'my judgment' ...

Yes, in your judgment.

I realize this. But ironically as you can see, Alejandro who started what I'm guessing I've wrongly considered to be his thread posted a comment, and I simply responded to it.

Are you saying that you don't want Alejandro to confuse his own issue in his own thread with his own response to a comment of mine that he has chosen to address?

I'm trying to do what you want me to do, but it can be really difficult to conform to the way that you want a member to post. I'm obviously very confused about it all.

Please understand that from my perspective (and arguably a wrong perspective), it would have been rude for me not to continue with a conversation that Alejandro obviously wanted to have; again; his choice.

I suppose I could be overstating it, but from what others have told me, you basically don't want me to post anything at all. Maybe I'm seeing you in a better light than others are, but I just can't believe that you'd want to be that restrictive with anyone.

Instead, despite the obvious limitations that you continue to impose, i.e., such as locking posts so that people can't respond as they should have the enjoyment of doing, I still believe that all you're trying to do is to make this a better forum.

I just don't get it, and for that I'm sorry for what I'm guessing has to be my misunderstanding.

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:13pm
Post Tools
I asked everyone to stop confusing the issues.  Not just Bill.  I invite to explain your last post to anyone. 

Endlessly restating what has already been gone through does not move the support issue forward.

No one who has responded to the topic thus far understands the problem in 'my judgment', although everyone was genuinely trying to be helpful.

I have had a PM exchange with Alejandro to try to see what can be done. Although I have been a Unix/Linux engineer for over 25 years, some solutions are not immediately evident. It is quite likely we will need to relocate some files. We may have to edit his Apache configuration. At the moment, I feel comfortable saying I'm the only one here 'at this moment' who can make that judgment. If Corey or Jet Li perhaps were here (or others) they could also make sensible suggestions.  This is not really a YaBB issue at all, its a server access and configuration issue.

For now, I have locked the thread.
Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:23pm by JonB »  

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Per Jon's notes ...
Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:49pm
Post Tools
From JonB on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 1:41 p.m.
Quote:
Bill

Is it impossible for you to refrain from anything at all?

I'm just trying to help Alejandro, and I only replied to his post to give him an answer.

What exactly do you want me to do?  Wink

If you'd prefer it, I can help him in email if he so chooses to accept it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top