Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic How can I approve post before they go live? (Read 671 times)
trudy
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
How can I approve post before they go live?
Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:41pm
Post Tools
I would like to be able as the administrator or moderator to approve the post before they go live in boards.  Not all the boards need approval.. just a couple of them.  Is there a way to contact the admin when a new post is made, and upon approval of the admin, the post would go active? Undecided  I am using the 2.3 version, because I can't figure out how to update.. so I just stay where I am at..  Sad Cry
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:43pm by trudy »  

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: How can I approve post before they go live?
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 10:18pm
Post Tools
That is not a current feature of YaBB nor do I see a 2.3.1 mod for it. (I don't see one for YaBB 2.4 or 2.5 either). However, you can certainly drop a note over at http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl and ask if one of their great coders would look at creating such a mod.

And possibly someone here with in depth knowledge of the ins and outs of 2.3.1 can come up with something for you.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2012 at 10:22pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: How can I approve post before they go live?
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 10:33pm
Post Tools
trudy wrote on Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
I am using the 2.3 version, because I can't figure out how to update.. so I just stay where I am at..   

if you need help to update with your forums url and also make me a admin account up and also send me your ftp info also if the server is linux or windows and then send me a pm with all that info and i will see what i can do for you  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top