Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic 2.5.2 Beta Testing is beginning - (Read 1,066 times)
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
2.5.2 Beta Testing is beginning -
Aug 14th, 2012 at 7:54pm
Post Tools
Dandello (and others) have been working on a beta version of a 2.5.2 Maintenance Release candidate.  Its hosted on one of her servers (thanks)

All YaBB Members are encouraged to help out. Just about everything needs to be 'checked'.  When you make changes, fix one problem, another may pop up. Some things are new issues as well -- we just made a fix for the new YouTube shortcodes.

You do not need to be an 'Expert'.  We just need to 'push every button' in the User Interface at lest a few time to make sure we don't miss obvious things.  And we should try things we are not supposed to do, like the wrong file type for an upload, or a file that is too big.  Try pasting in text that is past the allowable count. etc.

The longer you have been on YaBB the better.  Go back to old problems you remember, and see if they have re-surfaced.  
Register here:
http://testbed.dandello.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Remember this is a test server, and Dandello will be patching it, so it may be in Maintenance Mode periodically.

We also need help with Documentation and Help System (plus other stuff).

Good Luck to all
Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: 2.5.2 Beta Testing is beginning -
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:02pm
Post Tools
Dandello and I have added 'the goods' for moderation & admin testing.

For slicing and dicing of posts and topics, board to board moves etc, we have added 'The Bug Seeker Zone'. All posts and moves etc count there.  All beta testers that are not Admins have been added to the 'BugKillerz' group that moderates all the boards in the category.

Please fill it up with stuff!  Then move stuff, split topics, edits posts etc. "Play with your food aggressively" try stupid stuff!!!

I am dying to hand out Beta Tester stars.  BTW, I am working on some goodies.

Note: we are looking for folks to be psuedo-admins and GM's for testing - create a new registration and tell us what you want to try.

Thanks
Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:04pm by JonB »  

BugSeekerZone.jpg ( 28 KB | 54 Downloads )
BugSeekerZone.jpg

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: 2.5.2 Beta Testing is beginning -
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:34am
Post Tools
As an addendum - we'll be adding Derek Barnstorm's recent bug fixes tonight or so. - these mostly pertain to bugs and inconsistencies dealing with LogInOut.pl, password reminder and Sessions.pl

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top