Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic moving hosting (Read 2,084 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
moving hosting
Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:32am
Post Tools
as most of you know i host my own website's but as i am going to be moving home soon i will have to off load this to a new host untill after the move also at the same time i hope to get a U1 server and then start hosting my own websit's again for my temporary host i am going with who is also my domain names provider 123-reg.co.uk i will be going with a Linux setup also this will let me make a new video on installing YaBB on Linux with CHMOD's and so on i hope to do this in the next week or so and will update after the move Smiley

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: moving hosting
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 2:05am
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:32am:
... i will be going with a Linux setup also this will let me make a new video on installing YaBB on Linux with CHMOD's and ...

Good luck with the move, and I'm looking forward to viewing your video. Your previous video here was a huge help. Cool

Note: I would have embedded your video here, but for some reason it didn't work like it had before. Sorry.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 2:40am
Post Tools
Cool - can't have too many tutorials.  Grin

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:34am
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 2:05am:
xnoddyx wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:32am:
... i will be going with a Linux setup also this will let me make a new video on installing YaBB on Linux with CHMOD's and ...

Good luck with the move, and I'm looking forward to viewing your video. Your previous video here was a huge help. Cool

Note: I would have embedded your video here, but for some reason it didn't work like it had before. Sorry.

Thank you and as for "I would have embedded your video here, but for some reason it didn't work like it had before." we think this well not so much as a bug but when youtube started fiddling with its url after google took it over the MediaCenter.pl in yabb is hard set for youtube.com/watch?v=6ic0PTG3dhc so
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6ic0PTG3dhc
and
http://youtu.be/6ic0PTG3dhc
and may have some adverse effects for now i recommend doing a url rewrite and edit it with youtube.com/watch?v= and then put the video link in e.g. 6ic0PTG3dhc
hope this helps  Smiley

Dandello wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 2:40am:
Cool - can't have too many tutorials.  Grin

i hope to make many of them  Grin

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:23pm
Post Tools
well thats me move to the host and so far so good  Grin

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 10:34pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:34am:
Thank you and as for "I would have embedded your video here, but for some reason it didn't work like it had before." we think this well not so much as a bug but when youtube started fiddling with its url after google took it over the MediaCenter.pl in yabb is hard set for ...

Ah, I see. After experimenting in our own forum with your video, I finally got it to work again as you can see below.

It took me a few tries, but then I had YouTube show me the referral urls, which included this forum, so I was able to duplicate what you had previously embedded successfully.

If there's a will, there's a way.  Wink

Actually, I appreciated your video so much that I had already saved it locally for a quick reference.  Cool

Edited:
On the chance that the video above has stopped working, this is not YaBB's fault. As I embedded it, it is/was working fine. So again, if it's not working, the error is on YouTube's part; not YaBB's.

The correct url should be as follows:
Code
Select All
[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ic0PTG3dhc[/media] 

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:11pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools