Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic More Guardian issues (Read 1,184 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
More Guardian issues
Aug 23rd, 2012 at 6:52pm
Post Tools
Elrick. wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:05pm:
AFAIK The Guardian updates the .htaccess file but the .htaccess file does not update The Guardian, at least in my case  - The same scenario with IPManager in CPanel (where I ban IPs) the IPManager updates the .htaccess file but not the other way round. As the .htaccess gets updated with new IPs at the bottom of the file, once those added IPs are edited to follow a sequential order, the IPManager list disappear and the process start all agaiin with new IPs banned. I dont use The Guardian for IP banning as it slows down forum  response when the server has to check both, the .htaccesss file and The Guardian. Server Geek suggested not to use both The Guardian and IPManager. My0.2C

ok's i will explain for you  Wink
ok when you goto Admin > The Guardian
what you see load in Global and Server Settings is The Guardian Reading in the ip's from the .htaccess from with in theas tags <Files YaBB*></Files>
so if you download a .htaccess edit and add a new ip to it and reupload it when you go Admin > The Guardian
in Global and Server Settings you will now see that ip loads in there.  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Elrick.
Forum Moderator
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: More Guardian issues
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 7:25pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 6:52pm:
Elrick. wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:05pm:
AFAIK The Guardian updates the .htaccess file but the .htaccess file does not update The Guardian, at least in my case  - The same scenario with IPManager in CPanel (where I ban IPs) the IPManager updates the .htaccess file but not the other way round. As the .htaccess gets updated with new IPs at the bottom of the file, once those added IPs are edited to follow a sequential order, the IPManager list disappear and the process start all agaiin with new IPs banned. I dont use The Guardian for IP banning as it slows down forum  response when the server has to check both, the .htaccesss file and The Guardian. Server Geek suggested not to use both The Guardian and IPManager. My0.2C

ok's i will explain for you  Wink
ok when you goto Admin > The Guardian
what you see load in Global and Server Settings is The Guardian Reading in the ip's from the .htaccess from with in theas tags <Files YaBB*></Files>
so if you download a .htaccess edit and add a new ip to it and reupload it when you go Admin > The Guardian
in Global and Server Settings you will now see that ip loads in there.  Wink

Thanks xnoddyx for the clarification, however in the Guardian Global and Server settings there are no IPs visible at the forum level, although there are over 1700 banned IPs on the .htaccess file which I update once a month with the new additional banned IPs in sequential order.

Am I missing something??? Embarrassed

There is no direct experience of reality without interpretation; and all interpretation is corrupted by the cultural and personal prejudices or prejudgments of the interpreter. ~ Elrick

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 7:56pm
Post Tools
Based on the picture, your Guardian isn't speaking to the .htaccess file at all as that hasn't been checked.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 8:01pm
Post Tools
Elrick. wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 7:25pm:
Thanks xnoddyx for the clarification, however in the Guardian Global and Server settings there are no IPs visible at the forum level, although there are over 1700 banned IPs on the .htaccess file which I update once a month with the new additional banned IPs in sequential order.Am I missing something???

i will get this split from this post to keep this one OT and keep it clean and will post back to you Elrick after this  Wink

to X-Man Wolvie can i ask who your host is and if you have shell access.

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 8:04pm
Post Tools
Hi Dandello can you split this from here http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1345733397/0#7
and move it to a new post please and thank you  Smiley

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 8:31pm
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from General Usage and Feature Troubleshooting [move by] Dandello.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 8:59pm
Post Tools
as me and Dandello both see
Dandello wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 7:56pm:
Based on the picture, your Guardian isn't speaking to the .htaccess file at all as that hasn't been checked.

so my question is where are you banning the ip's?

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools