YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Editing a post to add a image (Read 546 times)
 Aug 24th, 2012 at 4:08am
There are no actions to perform.  

westwegoman 
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5
Editing a post to add a image
While trying to add an additional photo to a post that I made in my forum I came across something that I am not sure of. Not sure if it is a bug or if I am just expecting the wrong thing to happen.

If I were to edit a post and wanted to keep the origional image that was already attached to it, would I have to re-upload the origional image as well as the new image?

It has a drop down box with "Delete file", "Attach new file", and  "Keep old file".

I was under the impression that I could just add a file. Maybe I assumed wrong as the origional file is no longer in a post and I tried "attach new file" and "keep old file" in my forum but it didn't work.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 4:08am by westwegoman »  
Never use both feet to test the depth of the water

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 4:52am

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
Re: Editing a post to add a image
'Keep old file' means staying with the file that's already been uploaded. So, no, you don't have to re-upload it. Smiley

However, if you're only allowed 1 attachment per post, then you can't just add another one.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 4:54am by Dandello »  
IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 4:59am

westwegoman 
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5
Re: Editing a post to add a image
Ok. I have it set to allow 3 attachments. I just didn't know if It was normal to have to re-upload the origional file when adding one.

Never use both feet to test the depth of the water

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.