Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Politicians botching it up! (Read 1,861 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Politicians botching it up!
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 7:01pm
Post Tools
JonB - glad to hear you're okay.

As for everybody else in the storm area - we're thinking good thoughts your way.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 5:31pm
Post Tools
Thanks, JonB. Glad to hear you avoided the worst of it.

From the looks of it, it may not be the storm they thought it would be. I think there is never too much that can be done. Always. Better to over prepare.

Wife leaves for Houston this evening so I'll be relieved of having to worry about them being here. I'll be in a concrete building (water plant) so I will be safe.

It's now a wait and see game. Looks like it will be a baby compared to some of the past ones. Having said that, there is still that possibility of tornados.

<div class=

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Post Tools
As you know - my area just lucked out, and unfortunately it is headed in your direction now. They pretty much had everything cancelled here, and the EOC's were all up over the weekend. Some people here are now complaining that 'too much was done', go figure.

It was due to show up on Monday. so making a decision by Friday was a good choice as far as I am concerned. Now it loks like its still shifting West, so you may catch some luck yet....
I always watch the 'spaghetti' models at http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/

I'm saying a prayer that you don't get whacked hard.

Good Luck
Wink

Edited:
I just noticed that ibiseye.com is whacked showing a 503 (Service not available)  Maybe they need the YaBB team, LOL...
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2012 at 5:15pm by JonB »  

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Politicians botching it up!
Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:20am
Post Tools
Excuse me while I blow my top!

It takes at least 36 hours to evacuate the metro New Orleans area. These nuckle heads haven't even called for one yet, we're almost at that time from landfall. Angry

Although I have to stay because of work, my wife's company hasn't even said anything as to what they are going to do. This is probably because our local leaders are sitting there with their thumbs up their, well you know.

Politicians can sometimes be morons!  Angry

Mad in the Bayou State!

<div class=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top