Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) HTML Root Directory: HTML Root URL: (Read 3,331 times)
dave1

HTML Root Directory: HTML Root URL:
Sep 3rd, 2012 at 3:58pm
Post Tools
i dont know what my HTML Root Directory: or  HTML Root URL: are..

Can you help?  examples would help.....Smiley

thanks

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Re: HTML Root Directory: HTML Root URL:
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 4:27pm
Post Tools
HTML Dir would be something like:

/kunden/homepages/13/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/xxxxxx/yabbfiles

It depends on where you want to point. Could be YaBB2 instead of yabbfiles if It's for the direc path to the main yabb directory.

You can find this in forum configuration >>> path settings in the admin center.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2012 at 4:31pm by WestwegoMan »  

IP Logged

dave1

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:00pm
Post Tools
i CANT GET TO THE ADMIN CENTER... i JUST TRIED TO INSTALL IT AGAIN... HAD TO START OVER  for various reasons but when I tried to go to the forum my page had no graphics... seemed I messed something up... see attachment... I assume I messed up the URL's or roots or something...

any advice?

dave

yabb-blank.gif ( 15 KB | 79 Downloads )
yabb-blank.gif

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:13pm
Post Tools
You may have to download your paths.pl file in the yabb2 directory and open it with a text editor.

The path to your attachments etc.. Are probably wrong.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:38pm
Post Tools
As Westwegoman said, you may need to download Paths.pl and hand edit it to point to the proper file locations. However, the picture you posted shows that you were running the file converter - which you may not need and was certainly blocking you from getting into your YaBB forum.

Even with the paths to your css and graphics being wrong, you should still be able to go to YaBB.pl and login and get to your AdminCenter that way and from there edit your Paths.pl.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:42pm
Post Tools
dave1 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:00pm:
i CANT GET TO THE ADMIN CENTER... i JUST TRIED TO INSTALL IT AGAIN... HAD TO START OVER  for various reasons but when I tried to go to the forum my page had no graphics... seemed I messed something up... see attachment... I assume I messed up the URL's or roots or something...

any advice?

dave

Hi dave1

it looks like you are trying to run the yabb converter and not yabb can you pm me your url and also your ftp login info and will see what i can do for you  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

dave1

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:03pm
Post Tools
I was not trying to run anything.  that was the page I was brought to during set up.... I will download that file and see what corrections I can make and let you know..

thanks guys!

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:08pm
Post Tools
my setup 2.4 video may also help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ic0PTG3dhc ; Wink

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

dave1

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:09pm
Post Tools
befor I make changes to the file, can you confirm these areas are the ones that need change......

thanks

see attachment

yabb-paths.gif ( 77 KB | 74 Downloads )
yabb-paths.gif

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:14pm
Post Tools
What most likely happened in your attempt to run Setup.pl a second time is that './Variables/Setup.lock' was still there. Setup.pl goes to the converter unless you go into ./Variables and remove that lock file. Once that's gone, you can rerun Setup.pl from the beginning.

And yes, the sections you circled in the picture are the ones that need data in them.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:16pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

dave1

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:16pm
Post Tools
yes you are right. it does seem to be the converter.... how do I not run that and what is it???

IP Logged

dave1

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:19pm
Post Tools
yes the ones i circled I filled in and the images came up in the "converter".  now trying to get into the board itself to change password and make suse other things are looking good... will keep you posted!!! thanks!!!!

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:20pm
Post Tools
it will look something like this
Edited:

Code
Select All
$boardurl = "http://yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5";                   # URL of your board's folder (without trailing '/')
$boarddir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5";             # The server path to the board's folder (usually can be left as '.')
$boardsdir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Boards";
                                                                      # Directory with board data files
$datadir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Messages";
                                                                      # Directory with messages
$memberdir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Members";
                                                                      # Directory with member files
$sourcedir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Sources";
                                                                      # Directory with YaBB source files
$admindir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Admin";       # Directory with YaBB admin source files
$vardir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Variables";
                                                                      # Directory with variable files
$langdir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Languages";
                                                                      # Directory with Language files and folders
$helpfile = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Help";        # Directory with Help files and folders
$templatesdir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/cgi-bin/yabb2.5/Templates";
                                                                      # Directory with template files and folders
$htmldir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/site/yabbfiles2.5";            # Base Path for all public-html files and folders
$facesdir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/site/yabbfiles2.5/avatars";
                                                                      # Base Path for all avatar files
$uploaddir = "C:/xampp/www/yabbtest.test/site/yabbfiles2.5/Attachments";
                                                                      # Base Path for all attachment files

########## URL's ##########

$yyhtml_root = "http://yabbtest.test/yabbfiles2.5";                   # Base URL for all html/css files and folders
$facesurl = "http://yabbtest.test/yabbfiles2.5/avatars";              # Base URL for all avatar files
$uploadurl = "http://yabbtest.test/yabbfiles2.5/Attachments";         # Base URL for all attachment files

########## Old Path Settings ##########
########## The following variables are deprecated! ##########
########## Don't use them for new code! ##########

$forumstylesdir = $htmldir . "/Templates/Forum";                      # Directory with forum style files and folders
$adminstylesdir = $htmldir . "/Templates/Admin";                      # Directory with admin style files and folders
$smiliesdir = $htmldir . "/Smilies";                                  # Base Path for all smilie files
$modimgdir = $htmldir . "/ModImages";                                 # Base Path for all mod images

$forumstylesurl = $yyhtml_root . "/Templates/Forum";                  # Default Forum Style Directory
$adminstylesurl = $yyhtml_root . "/Templates/Admin";                  # Default Admin Style Directory
$smiliesurl = $yyhtml_root . "/Smilies";                              # Base URL for all smilie files
$modimgurl = $yyhtml_root . "/ModImages";   

« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:22pm by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

dave1

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:22pm
Post Tools
whn trying to load the board, I get the errror

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/yabb2/ on this server.

I double checked the Permissions and they are correct 775.. not sure about this one

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:27pm
Post Tools
dave1 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:22pm:
whn trying to load the board, I get the errror

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/yabb2/ on this server.

I double checked the Permissions and they are correct 775.. not sure about this one

assuming you are on a properly configured linux server check the the CHMODs of all files in /cgi-bin/yabb2/ are 755
then reload http://yoururl.here/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools