Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Cosmetic error in Advanced Settings (Read 901 times)
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Cosmetic error in Advanced Settings
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 11:25pm
Post Tools
FF was the problem. Even after I used its Clear History (everything) AND used CCleaner (newest version) and told it also to junk everything - as soon as I started typing my localhost URL for the 2.5.2 Board - FF started auto-filling the URL.   Roll Eyes  Yeah that musta been a REALLY good cleaning...  I mean there's an item for typed URL's to be cleared.  OH, and it lost a bookmark folder I created today - go figure on that.  Shocked

On the positive side, it did clear out the persistent data.  So its a cosmetic browser issue.

Case closed.
Wink

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Cosmetic error in Advanced Settings
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 10:33pm
Post Tools
Not having any problems with my test server. Firefox does have the habit of auto-filling form inputs unless specifically told not to - more than other browsers.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Cosmetic error in Advanced Settings
Sep 23rd, 2012 at 10:12pm
Post Tools
While testing the Won't Save Advanced Settings -

There is a cosmetic error now on the e-mails tab. I am trying to work out why it is happening. It may be due to a browser 'forms' setting.  It happens when you set these to a null and save.
SMTP Authorization Username      
SMTP Authorization Password

When you go back to the tab, even with a refresh I can't seem to clear the fields in FF (the show the old settings). I am going to clear out FF (I already tried clearing Forms History) They are OK in Google Chrome and the Settings.pl file has them correctly (null).

Code
Select All
$mailprog = "c\:\\xampp\\sendmail\\sendmail\.exe"; # Location of your sendmail program
$smtp_server = "";                                # Address of your SMTP-Server (for Net::SMTP::TLS, specify the port
                                                  #  number with a ":<portnumber>" at the end)
$smtp_auth_required = 0;                          # Set to 1 if the SMTP server requires Authorisation
$authuser = "";                                   # Username for SMTP authorisation
$authpass = "";                                   # Password for SMTP authorisation
$webmaster_email = "jonbservergeek\@gmail\.com";  # Your email address. (eg: $webmaster_email = q^admin@host.com^;)
$mailtype = 1;     

So this may be something to delete later.

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top