Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Admin/Sessions/Maintenance mode issues (Read 1,127 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Admin/Sessions/Maintenance mode issues
Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 9:31pm
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from YaBB 2 - Bugs [Need Verification] [move by] Dandello.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:47am
Post Tools
I just did a side-by-side between 2.5AE and 2.5.2 - the difference's all relate to removing the code for password reminders and validation for Admins when in Maintenance mode. Since those functions were disabled in LogInOut, they weren't necessary in YaBB.pl. (Why load code for buttons that aren't there?) It's probable the issue cropped up when we added the 'You're already logged in' check to LogInOut.pl.

I do know that the bug bears a remarkable resemblance to the issues some people had with Setup.pl in 2.5AE not letting admins login to YaBB the first time.

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:27am
Post Tools
It doesnt seem to be affecting 2.5AE like it was doing in 2.5.2, at least for me it isn't. You cant log out but you can login.

Looking at YaBB.pl in 2.5AE, the sub is a lot different than the one in 2.5.2, but since i'm not real steeped in perl, I can't comment otherwise.

<div class=

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Admin/Sessions/Maintenance mode issues
Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:44pm
Post Tools
Interesting bug reported while testing 2.5.2 but I'm pretty sure it's a 2.5AE bug as well.

If a forum is in maintenance mode and the admin attempts to login from a different IP address (invoking Sessions) the screen shows the 'Update Session' tabs, the 'In Maintenance' login form and the admin cannot login or logout.

This appears to be due to a 'collision' between the Sessions checking and login and the Maintenance login.

A working solution: in YaBB.pl find:
Code
Select All
sub yymain {
      # Choose what to do based on the form action
      if ($maintenance) { 

Add after:
Code
Select All
            if ( ($iamadmin || $iamgmod ) && $sessionvalid == 0 ) {&UpdateCookie("delete"); require "$sourcedir/LogInOut.pl"; &InMaintenance; }; 

This forces the admin to be logged out if their session is invalid and the forum is in maintenance mode. Then they can log back in properly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top