Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic member is missing forum (Read 763 times)
Arimer
YaBB Newcomer

None
Re: member is missing forum
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 7:55pm
Post Tools
All problems fixed!  Thanks for the help! Wink

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 6:11pm
Post Tools
Check the parameters of the boards that aren't accepting the group-as-a-position. Chances are very good that the group doesn't actually have any viewing permissions for that board (or any board). This only shows up when a Group is assigned as a position.

Also, when upgrading, a variable that is needed isn't always properly created in Variables/Settings.pl

In Settings.pl find:
Code
Select All
########## Layout ########## 

Just above that look for
Code
Select All
@nopostorder = qw();                           # Order how "Post independent Member Groups" are displayed

If it doesn't exist, add it. Then for each NoPost group you have put a number into the parenthesis that matches the numbers in the curly brackets of your NoPost groups: i.e.:
Code
Select All
@nopostorder = qw(1 2);                           # Order how "Post independent Member Groups" are displayed 

if you have two NoPost groups with numbers 1 and 2.

Good luck Wink

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 6:20pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Arimer
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 5:50pm
Post Tools
That fixed the problem!  But.... I would still like the member to be shown with the correct "member group" status.  I can assign the member to a group with no problem, but when I assign them to the Position, the missing forum problem comes back.

Also, when "I" upgraded the forum, my member groups weren't there so when I tried to re-create them again I got an error saying they already existed but they weren't anywhere in the Member Group section of the Admin Center.  Huh

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 4:15pm
Post Tools
Arimer wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 4:04pm:
I have a member who gets an empty forum upon log in.  Haven't had anyone else have the same issue.  I've tried resetting the user's password and still no forum.  The forum is there, just no boards or topics.   Huh

ok as admin find the user then View Profile for that user then click Modify botton
then goto Admin Edits and look to see if Position: is empty and  Member Groups: if you have this setup and deselect any items here that are select

hope this is of help to you  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Arimer
YaBB Newcomer

None
member is missing forum
Oct 8th, 2012 at 4:04pm
Post Tools
I have a member who gets an empty forum upon log in.  Haven't had anyone else have the same issue.  I've tried resetting the user's password and still no forum.  The forum is there, just no boards or topics.   Huh
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2012 at 4:06pm by Arimer »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top