Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Let's re-visit the roll back idea. (Read 5,761 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Let's re-visit the roll back idea.
Reply #15 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 4:48pm
Post Tools
The Boy wrote on Oct 14th, 2012 at 8:02am:
Now, as you know, I'm not shy when it comes to being critical of YaBB and how it's managed. But...

I think your criticisms have actually been quite helpful, and Dandello's explanation for what happened is a welcome response compared to being less than transparent about YaBB's intentions, and its progress. I too have criticized YaBB, but I've always done it with good intentions to help improve it.

Transparency is a very healthy way to operate an open source project, so I hope open discussions like this continues.

If I was brand new to YaBB, and thinking of using its forum software, seeing things that go wrong in this forum probably wouldn't be that much of a concern if open discussions, and sensible explanations were forthcoming.

The irony about YaBB's current transparency is that open discussions about YaBB's development and status have always been at hand, but not here over the last couple of years. There are current team members who have openly discussed YaBB elsewhere, even to the point of having discussions about forking off YaBB's development into a newer and better YaBB.

I don't always understand the back door politics of open source projects, but I guess it's human nature to be a bit secretive about things. Thankfully, some of those who really care about YaBB came back to this forum to work on its future, and to help manage its present state of affairs.

I am very happy about this kind of cooperation, especially when mistakes made by YaBB's team are addressed in an openly honest way, and subsequently corrected by these same team members. That is a sign of great leadership, and a hopeful sign that YaBB's community at large is in good hands.

I can't help but smile about all of this. Way to go YaBB!  Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools